By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo introducing new Wii colors in Japan, including..

The problem is that the validity of this entire famitsu article is now in question.

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:
I want to ride Miyamoto

Are you this guy?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

totalwar23 said:
Wolfen said:
Munkeh111 said:
If I were to get a Wii, it would have to be an Apple Green one, but no mention of any of those unfortunately

check the wii developer kit, its green :D and you need about 1700$. But you need to explain to nintendo why you are a nice and reliable game developer :(.

it shouldn't be too hard.Nintendo gave one to Data Design Interactive and look at what they made for the Wii.

WiiUrban Extreme Q2 2007
WiiBilly the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing 09/21/07
WiiRock 'N' Roll Adventures 09/21/07
WiiAnubis II 09/21/07
WiiNinjabread Man 09/21/07
WiiCounter Force 10/03/07
WiiMonster Trux Arenas 10/26/07
WiiMonster Trux Arenas 10/26/07
WiiOffroad Extreme 11/16/07
WiiMyth Makers: Orbs of Doom 11/23/07
WiiMini Desktop Racing 11/23/07
WiiMini Desktop Racing 11/23/07
WiiKidz Sports International Soccer 11/30/07
WiiKawasaki 4X4 Quad Bikes November 2007
WiiKawasaki 4X4 Quad Bikes November 2007
WiiAction Girlz Racing 12/07/07
WiiMyth Makers: Super Kart GP 12/07/07
WiiClassic British Motor Racing 12/26/07
WiiCall for Heroes: Pompolic Wars Q4 2007

well... i wanted to start making a game with some co-workers (Im a programer) and this stop us:

The process for becoming an Authorized Developer for Wii begins with the Developer Application.

The Developer Application is for developers located in North America, Europe, Australia, and countries outside of Japan/Korea. Japanese/Korean developers must apply to Nintendo Company Ltd. in Kyoto, Japan. 3rd Party Tools, QA/Testing, and Localization companies can also apply for Authorized Status using the same Application.

We typically look for companies that are established game developers, or individuals with game industry experience. We require that companies are working from secure business offices.

If the Application is approved by Nintendo, we will simultaneously execute the Wii NDA, and email you a copy of the Application and NDA for your records. At this point, the developer will be considered an Authorized Developer for Wii, which also includes WiiWare. The SDK can be downloaded from Warioworld, and development kits can be purchased from Nintendo.

If you are working with a Licensee on a project for Nintendo platforms, please indicate this information in the appropriate section of the Developer Application. A Licensee means a company which is licensed to develop and market approved games on a system which they have a current Nintendo Licensing Agreement.

Please submit this information using our Developer Application form.

Your company's full legal and incorporated company name (including Ltd., Inc., Co.), address, telephone numbers and a main contact and that person's email address.

A list of the principal members of your company, and their relevant game industry experience.

A list of published game titles (any platform).

A list of any subsidiaries or branch offices that will aid in development.

The general Terms and Conditions of the Authorized Developer program are:

Developer Qualifications: An Authorized Developer will have demonstrated the ability to develop and program excellent software for Nintendo video game systems or for other game platforms. In addition, an Authorized Developer will have a stable business organization with secure office facilities separate from a personal residence. Home offices do not meet this requirement. resources in order to insure the security of Nintendo confidential information and in order to ensure an effective environment for working with Nintendo and/or its Licensees. Nintendo provides Authorized Developers with highly confidential information and many of Nintendo's Licensees also rely on recommendations and referrals to Authorized Developers. For these reasons, Nintendo exercises a very high level of care in evaluating Authorized Developers.

Confidentiality Agreement; Release of Confidential Information: Upon entering into agreements to hold all proprietary information received from Nintendo as confidential, an authorized developer will receive written software programming specifications for the platform they will be developing for, and the ability to purchase software development tools solely for that company's site. Authorized developers will have access to Nintendo's third party support website to discuss all development issues and receive technical updates. Each employee or independent contractor of an authorized developer who has access to the Nintendo proprietary information will be required to sign a suitable confidentiality agreement with the developer and/or Nintendo.

Game Development: Rights granted to an Authorized Developer extend only to the use of Nintendo's proprietary information for the development of games on the platform for which they signed the appropriate non-disclosure agreement. Rights do not extend to the right to manufacture, market, promote or otherwise exploit developed games or the Nintendo proprietary information, whether incorporated in hardware, software or accessory formats. An authorized developer may develop a game on a speculation basis or on a contract basis with an authorized Nintendo licensee.

Wii Development Kits: Approximate development costs range from $2,500 to $10,000, depending on the size of your team. Financial stability is expected by Authorized Developers in order to purchase the necessary development equipment for your project.

Second Party Publishing with Nintendo: This program is not an offer for Nintendo to publish your game title. If you are developing a disc-based game for retail channels, it is your responsibility to secure your own deal with a Licensee. If you are developing a WiiWare game, it is in Nintendo's sole discretion whether to publish your game.

You can find this info and some more at: http://www.warioworld.com/apply/wii.html 

So, its 35,000 yen or about $350.

I think it will sell through the roof.

Also, its not a rip off.

It will have a colored Wii ($240 value, less Wii Sports)
2 full controllers ($60 value there)
SSBB ($50 value)

So, they are taking out Wii Sports ($10 value) and giving you a bigger game + extra controller. Really, it all breaks even. Just a different promo. Unlike the 360 Halo edition that costs $50 more w/o anything different other than a paint job.

^^^ wii sports wasnt ever even packed in with wiis in Japan to begin with...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
Shadow)OS said:

Huh? Haruhi game?

Err... back on topic. I'm actually not surprised at all. It's been over a year with just white as the only choice of colours. I was actually looking into Wii Case Mods because I've grown so sick of the white.

My Wii has been wearing an NES skin for about 12 months now. Sometimes I forget it was ever white to begin with.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Fake or no, when they do release colored Wiis, they had better come up with a transfer kit for all those Miis and VC titles. I cannot give up my white Wii and just throw away all those Wii Points. :(

As an old schooler I cant understand how the colour of a console sells units. Why dont people just figure out the right paint for the surface and paint their own?

Danny355 said:
As an old schooler I cant understand how the colour of a console sells units. Why dont people just figure out the right paint for the surface and paint their own?

Opportunity cost

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)