By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says, after PS3 "actual innovation" is next

Words Of Wisdom said:
I think the more important thing to notice is that they are currently planning for something after the PS3.

I agree with this.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

No, there'll probably be a PS4 in 4-5 years, like the PS3 showed up while the PS2 was/is alive and kicking.

NJ5 said:
At this point, I'd be more worried about whether they'll have money to make the PS4 or not, given that they don't expect profitability until 2009 (which could also mean it will come later or not at all, since we know they're pretty optimistic with their forecasts in general).

If they do make a PS4, it's going to be far less ambitious than the PS3 in terms of hardware power, they can't afford to lose billions of dollars on every console they launch.

sony has other divisions, right?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
NJ5 said:
At this point, I'd be more worried about whether they'll have money to make the PS4 or not, given that they don't expect profitability until 2009 (which could also mean it will come later or not at all, since we know they're pretty optimistic with their forecasts in general).

If they do make a PS4, it's going to be far less ambitious than the PS3 in terms of hardware power, they can't afford to lose billions of dollars on every console they launch.

Their Bravia Tv's are highly profitable and selling like mad. Its keeping them floating for now. And the huge sucess of Spiderman 3. Box office + DVD sales+ merchandising. I think thats their 2 main bread and butters for now.

maybe sony engineers have figured out a way of displaying 4-D. Allright!!!

Around the Network

though i like the Sony brand and PS3 and PSP, but this guy always give bullcrap in his talk, talk big but no action all the time!!!

kirby007 said:
NJ5 said:

That doesn't mean they want to waste money on the gaming division. They need to plan for profitability.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PS3 = 300 percent increase in sales .. pwnz

NJ5 said:
kirby007 said:
NJ5 said:

That doesn't mean they want to waste money on the gaming division. They need to plan for profitability.

If their games division can continue to give BluRay an advantage in the format war, I think the end result will justify the losses.

that great that 2-3 weeks of top spt mean they are out selling nintendo.....but now 2 weeks so nintendo is on top...