By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says, after PS3 "actual innovation" is next

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/stringer-says-actual-innovation-is-next-332314.php

Sony CEO Howard Stringer gave a press conference today in Tokyo. He said that the PS3 is on the rebound with strong Black Friday sales in the US and the console outselling the Wii in Japan. Now that Sony is on the upswing, String hinted at what's next: "The next cycle is actual innovation," Stringer said. Perhaps this quote was taken out of context, but what does that mean the last cycle was? Farting around? Still, we'd really like to see a full transcript (hasn't popped up online as of posting), because that's an odd thing to say!

Regarding that next cycle, Sony plans to expand the PlayStation Network, which is now used for downloading games and demos. Stringer did not give details or any word as to when this expansion will happen. Just know: It will. One day

Around the Network

sony PR =

prrrrrrrrsssscccccccchhhhhhhhgggg

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

omg! nintendos has ruined gaming!?!?

/sarcasim

Wasn't the sixaxis controller innovative enough?

I think the more important thing to notice is that they are currently planning for something after the PS3.

Around the Network

it is gonna be rumble

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I can see it, rumble + sixaxis + nunchuck attachment + PSN + trophies. All sony innovations

Words Of Wisdom said:
I think the more important thing to notice is that they are currently planning for something after the PS3.

U think maybe the PS4?

Now that IS innovation!

I'll bet Sony are planning something so secret even they don't know what it is until Nintendo announce it!!

wait, i thought its still 9 years to go until the next system. so 9 years without innovation?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

At this point, I'd be more worried about whether they'll have money to make the PS4 or not, given that they don't expect profitability until 2009 (which could also mean it will come later or not at all, since we know they're pretty optimistic with their forecasts in general).

If they do make a PS4, it's going to be far less ambitious than the PS3 in terms of hardware power, they can't afford to lose billions of dollars on every console they launch.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957