By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Japanese gaming industry in crisis? (BBC article)

hikaruchan said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
hikaruchan said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Other than the whole annoying teenage feminine protagonist the problem with Japanese games is that

once you basicly play one.... you played em all!!

That is pretty Raciest dude Just because YOU don't like Anime style Games dose not the Japanese should stop making them to please some western Gamers. those Games are made to appeal to the Japanese and Western Gamers who prefer Japanese style Games.

I actually love the creative art style of anime .....but what I find disturbing sometimes is when the only way I can tell if its a man or a female is by the voice, why cant they just keep it black or white(or so to speak) with genders??

Because bishonen (beautiful male Characters) and bishojo (beautiful Female Characters) are a big part of Japanese Manga/Anime Culture. EG MGS2 RAIDEN is a bishonen character crated after Kojima conducted a survey of Japanese Teenage Girls about what would make them more interested in the MGS Games RAIDEN also helped MGS sell better in Japan generally amongst a wider audience then before.       

If that is the case tham Im sure this guy is a god over there....

Anyways ......girlie men I dont like em, so get rid of em in RPG's Japan !!

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
hikaruchan said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
hikaruchan said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Other than the whole annoying teenage feminine protagonist the problem with Japanese games is that

once you basicly play one.... you played em all!!

That is pretty Raciest dude Just because YOU don't like Anime style Games dose not the Japanese should stop making them to please some western Gamers. those Games are made to appeal to the Japanese and Western Gamers who prefer Japanese style Games.

I actually love the creative art style of anime .....but what I find disturbing sometimes is when the only way I can tell if its a man or a female is by the voice, why cant they just keep it black or white(or so to speak) with genders??

Because bishonen (beautiful male Characters) and bishojo (beautiful Female Characters) are a big part of Japanese Manga/Anime Culture. EG MGS2 RAIDEN is a bishonen character crated after Kojima conducted a survey of Japanese Teenage Girls about what would make them more interested in the MGS Games RAIDEN also helped MGS sell better in Japan generally amongst a wider audience then before.       

If that is the case tham Im sure this guy is a god over there....

Anyways ......girlie men I dont like em, so get rid of em in RPG's Japan !!

expept for the fact that bishonen dose not equal girly man bishonen equals lades man.

and I guess you should stop playing JRPGs because they are designed for OTAKU.   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

nickvasko said:

i watched this on BBC yesterday and its so true what they said, ''games nowadays are being made for the money and not to be creative''

This is worng. Games lately have been very "creative", for example Zelda with stupid happy trains.Games of today sell worse because they just plain SUCK, but no one wants to admit it.

Above: still the best game of the year.

MrT-Tar said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I blame Sony.....you see what happens when you're not leading the Market Sony? Japan is doomed

Was Japan really doomed in the 8 and 16bit eras? 

Next time I'll remember to use green font when Im being sarcastic. Also while Japan wasn't doomed during the 8 and 16bit eras, it certainly wasn't as successful as Sony's era was with pushing Japanese games on to western crowds without sacrificing the culture either.

Again my initial post was sarcastic.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Beuli2 said:
nickvasko said:

i watched this on BBC yesterday and its so true what they said, ''games nowadays are being made for the money and not to be creative''

This is worng. Games lately have been very "creative", for example Zelda with stupid happy trains.Games of today sell worse because they just plain SUCK, but no one wants to admit it.

i do agree with you but games such as COD & GTA arent really creative anymore, they are mainly just upgraded versions of previous games (i do like both games btw). and i do admit they still do make creative games nowadays (LBP, Modnation Racers & even Alan Wake) but alot of games are being 'milked' just for profit. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
VGhippy said:

The West has a much larger market that is driven by high budget games

Ever herd of Final Fantasy, Metal gear solid, resident evil ^.^

lol i do kind of agree with you but japan still has its far share of insane budgit games

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Chibi.V.29 said:
VGhippy said:

The West has a much larger market that is driven by high budget games

Ever herd of Final Fantasy, Metal gear solid, resident evil ^.^

lol i do kind of agree with you but japan still has its far share of insane budgit games

In my defence I did say there were a few exceptions =P

I keep forgetting that Resident evil is a Japanese game though, it just seems so Western o_o

hikaruchan said:

expept for the fact that bishonen dose not equal girly man bishonen equals lades man.

and I guess you should stop playing JRPGs because they are designed for OTAKU.   

Oh... so that's why they utterly suck today, compared to the way they were in 16-32 bit gens.

Damn otakus.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.