By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Kinect becomes a success, how will PS3 & Wii be affected?

Nuclear Launch Detected

Around the Network

Developers will spend less in hardcore 360 games and more in Halo Fitness, Fable Adventures, and a ton of on-rails shooters instead of FPS.

The Wii will see a price reduction sooner than later and Nintendo will try to capture some of the sad 360 owners that now don't receive "hardcore" games.

Sony will try to capture some of the sad 360 owners that now don't receive "hardcore" games, and star charging for their online system as now more people will be interested in using it, only that it will be cheaper than the Xbox live current price.

flagstaad said:

that now don't receive "hardcore" games, and star charging for their online system as now more people will be interested in using it, only that it will be cheaper than the Xbox live current price.

If that happens, I will find you and terminate you.

Jay520 said:
flagstaad said:

that now don't receive "hardcore" games, and star charging for their online system as now more people will be interested in using it, only that it will be cheaper than the Xbox live current price.

If that happens, I will find you and terminate you.

hey you ask for possibilities, maybe they will charge 20 dollars a year.

kain_kusanagi said:

Thants really hard to say. I don't think Kinect will have a huge impact on the competition. If it's a success it will just mean that Xbox 360 will be even more popular than it already is. PS3 and Wii should still continue down the path they are already on.

PS3 down the path?????????????????????????

it is on track to sell 18m,more than ever in its lifetime and is going to selle even more with pricecut next fall

Around the Network

PS3 sales will explode as hardcore gamers sell their xboxes to enjoy real core exclusive games on ps3?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

If Kinect becomes a huge succes MS will focus on cheap casual games from now on. All the core gamers will flock over to the ps3 and it will sell the most consoles this gen, simply because the casual gamers don't really buy that many games. Don't let all those Wii sales from bundled games fool you.

First, I dont think Kinect will do much for 360. Strangely, at the moment, its the hardcore Microsoft fan base who are buying it. If it does work out with non gamer, it will add to the 360 sales. It might also remove a significant amount of sales to Wii. As oppose to PS3, Wii has a much larger part of its audience in common with Kinect.

Well, we all know what Sony would do...

Make a copy

If Kinect is a success:

Move will fail but PS3 will continue to be successful anyway.

Wii will lose some sales in the beginning but in the end it won't have much effect thanks to Wii's low price and family appeal.