By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Kinect becomes a success, how will PS3 & Wii be affected?

If Kinect is a success:

Move will fail but PS3 will continue to be successful anyway.

Wii will lose some sales in the beginning but in the end it won't have much effect thanks to Wii's low price and family appeal.

Around the Network
patapon said:

Well, we all know what Sony would do...

Make a copy

EYE 3.0?

I think it'll force Sony (more than Nintendo) to be aggressive in coming up with some new and compelling ways to interact with our games.  

Nintendo is already down that path starting with the Wii so they'll simply continue the course they're on.

As for sales, who knows.  This gen has been amazingly sustainable for all 3 and profitable for 2 of them.  2nd and 3rd place consoles will likely end up selling more than any has before and better than some 1st place consoles.

If Kinect is a huge success . . .

will wii and sony try to copy kinect (no controlers)?  I doubt it.

PS3 and Wii will duke it out for sonsumers but Xbox360 will have it's own market.  Therefore, Wii will start to decline (still selling well), and PS3 will not catch up to Xbox360.

If Kinect is mildly successful, then Xbox360 will come in third.

patapon said:

Well, we all know what Sony would do...

Make a copy

Will they be copying themselves in this instance?  How does that work?  Will they create a doppleganger or what? 

Around the Network

if it is successful no effect it would be WII > XBOX360 > PS3

if it fails then WII > PS3 > XBOX360

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Solid_Snake4RD said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Thants really hard to say. I don't think Kinect will have a huge impact on the competition. If it's a success it will just mean that Xbox 360 will be even more popular than it already is. PS3 and Wii should still continue down the path they are already on.

PS3 down the path?????????????????????????

it is on track to sell 18m,more than ever in its lifetime and is going to selle even more with pricecut next fall

Why do you assume I meant it in a negative way?

chapset said:

Sony and Nintendo will stop making console and will develope games for kinect, also people will start selling there wii and ps3 so they can buy more of those quality launch titles coming with kinect

LOL!!!

hilarious!!

LOL!!

I do agree about the Kinect launch titles, even ioi said (in his interview with Pachter) that Kinect and Move don't have anything like Wii Sports to keep SUSTAINED great sales

the 360 and PS3 fanboys will be very disappointed after Christmas when Kinect and Move sales will drop like a rock, because casual gamers will think "wow, I thought this was really cool in the beginning, but man these games are shitty, can I return this piece of junk?!?" 

LOL!!

but seriously.....Kinect and Move will be fads, flavor of the month,

there's no decent software on them, and nothing like Wii Sports

flagstaad said:

Developers will spend less in hardcore 360 games and more in Halo Fitness, Fable Adventures, and a ton of on-rails shooters instead of FPS.

LOL!!

Halo Fitness?!?

LOL!!!

all of a sudden 360 fanboys hate Kinect, because they never thought of Halo Fitness that will be out shortly!!

LOL!!

also Halo Kart racing!

360 fans are scared now, and hope Kinect fails, because the 360 will only have casual games, and the hardcore games will go to PS3, and 360 owners will have to switch to PS3!!  LOL

oooo! change of mind!!

kain_kusanagi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Thants really hard to say. I don't think Kinect will have a huge impact on the competition. If it's a success it will just mean that Xbox 360 will be even more popular than it already is. PS3 and Wii should still continue down the path they are already on.

PS3 down the path?????????????????????????

it is on track to sell 18m,more than ever in its lifetime and is going to selle even more with pricecut next fall

Why do you assume I meant it in a negative way?

its not negative its just nromal understanding after following the sales pattern for the last so many years