By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A very heavy contender for greatest anime of all time!

darthdevidem01 said:

Better than Code geass...really?

Code geas was a greate series it just lacked the depth that Monster had

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

Wow, it got cOLD in here...

I have episode one on my PS3 because it was free for a day.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
darthdevidem01 said:

Watch the review

Alot better......

Your an inspiring Doctor you would love this as it heavily looks into Hospital Indictment alot and how Tenma morals and outlook in life has been twisted by future revelations due to his actions.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

darthdevidem01 said:

Watch the review

Alot better......

Your an inspiring Doctor you would love this as it heavily looks into Hospital Indictment alot and how Tenma morals and outlook in life has been twisted by future revelations due to his actions.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Watch the review

Alot better......

Cool I'll check it out.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
Kamal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

If i had to rank it amoung ym faverate i would say its about 4th. which considering the un healthy amount of anime i watch is quite an achivment XD

You have great taste, I think I rate it within the top 5 I think other animes have that nostalgic feeling which bumps it up like Outlaw Star and Dragonball z. Everything aside this anime is fricken amazing am only 48 episodes in!

I agree with everything you just said XD exept that iv finished it :P the manga of which its adapted from was writen by Naoki Urasawa who is quite easliy my faverate manga artist int he world (i read the entire 20th century boys series in 4 days lol)

I got into the anime since I bought the first 2 volumes of Monster and London Expo (with the first one being signed) after that I waited 2 months before watching the anime. Naoki Urasawa has become one of favorites mangaka's behind Kentaro Miura and Oda Eiichiro and it forced me to buy the first volume of his new work "PlUTO" which I haven't read yet.

"

While there probably has been many a great anime TV series before it, Madhouse and Masayuki Kojima’s adaptation of Monster is probably one of the very best. Ironically, much like the anime adaptation of another Urasawa work, Master Keaton, it’s the best show that no one watched.

With its sophisticated storytelling and complex plot weaving, memorable characters, godly production values and excellent pacing, it’s not hard to guess what my final rating for Monster will be.

Five Stars — Dominic K Laeno

Recommended Audience: The show can be very disturbing most of the time, but when it comes to it, the show can also be downright brutal for what it shows and doesn’t show the viewer. Also, considering the fact that the story, even though it starts out simple enough, is incredibly meticulous, Monster is really only open to older and/or more astute audiences that have a lot of will and the patience to make it through that 27-hour long journey of twists, turns and non-linear exposition."

Full review: 

http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=969

It's great... Probably 6th out of my top 10 anime. I felt there was too much filler (or you could call it character develovopment I still felt it should have been tighter) in the middle though, like Full Metal Alchemist and The Last 16 episodes of Deathnote... though the filler or middle episodes was of better quality, it still should have been cut down.

Kamal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Kamal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

If i had to rank it amoung ym faverate i would say its about 4th. which considering the un healthy amount of anime i watch is quite an achivment XD

You have great taste, I think I rate it within the top 5 I think other animes have that nostalgic feeling which bumps it up like Outlaw Star and Dragonball z. Everything aside this anime is fricken amazing am only 48 episodes in!

I agree with everything you just said XD exept that iv finished it :P the manga of which its adapted from was writen by Naoki Urasawa who is quite easliy my faverate manga artist int he world (i read the entire 20th century boys series in 4 days lol)

I got into the anime since I bought the first 2 volumes of Monster and London Expo (with the first one being signed) after that I waited 2 months before watching the anime. Naoki Urasawa has become one of favorites mangaka's behind Kentaro Miura and Oda Eiichiro and it forced me to buy the first volume of his new work "PlUTO" which I haven't read yet.

PLUTO is....its a great manga but compared to some of his previous mangas isnt on the same level. For fans of astro boy its a brilliant re make showing the story in a more realistic way but for me that was it. i would highly recomend 20thCB. it starts of fairly slow just introducing charecters etc but from volume 4 - 5 onwars it becomes something truly inperational. Urasawa isnt scare one bit in the series to completly change the situations and use time skips  etc the number of plot twists is borders on hilarious XD

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

By the way sorry for my bad spelling im disgraphic so find it quite chalenging :/