By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 22 Sign-up Thread

if vanilla, please enforce a stricter night time limit... though yeah, having been mafia with 3 people in different time zones, I understand the problems at hand :p (though simpler roles means less bickering for the mafia too).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

You know our mafia games are getting too long when the sign-up thread is more than 100 posts.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Final-Fan said:

I believe the vote is tied, at 4 to 4!!

I'm going to sleep now; after I wake up, when I'm ready to set up the game if the tie is not broken I will likely break it in favor of vanilla roles, since I'm already counting my own vote in favor.    It would be too bad, because I think they would be fun; on the other hand, it's a lot less work at night for me to sift the PMs, so I'll find solace in that silver lining. 

VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA

etc.

Khuutra said:
Final-Fan said:

I believe the vote is tied, at 4 to 4!!

I'm going to sleep now; after I wake up, when I'm ready to set up the game if the tie is not broken I will likely break it in favor of vanilla roles, since I'm already counting my own vote in favor.    It would be too bad, because I think they would be fun; on the other hand, it's a lot less work at night for me to sift the PMs, so I'll find solace in that silver lining. 

VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA

etc.

Will you play if it's vanilla?

Signature goes here!

That depends on how this game goes.

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Back-up list:

1. c03n3nj0

I'm willing to be a replacement if the problem arises later in the game. 

just signup and don't break your streak... you know you want to :p

But if I do then I'll lurk.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

The final [edit: FINAL] vote is [7] to 5 in favor of vanilla. 

But I can't resist telling you what you missed out on.  You may comment on whether or not you think the game would have been any good; I would actually appreciate the evaluation. 

THIS IS NOT THE ROLES YOU ARE GETTING:

Beryl:  Leader of the mafia
Jadeite:  mafia
Zoicite:  mafia  Everyone thinks you are a girl due to the anime dub!  (undecided feature:  If your lover Kunzite dies, you too will surely die of grief.)
Nephrite:  mafia Thanks to mystical powers, you can divine from the stars what someone will do -- and stop them!  (block)
Kunzite:  mafia

Sailor Moon:  Your attack, Moon Healing Escalation, will only kill someone if they're evil!  But it takes so long to cast, you cannot use it on the first night or consecutive nights. 
Sailor Mercury:  Your attack, Shabon Spray, will stop the target in their tracks.  (block)
Minako Aino:  You are boy-crazy!  You can tell if someone is a man.  (Hidden exception:  Zoicite.  Also, Artemis wouldn't count, being a cat.) 
Makoto Kino:  You are a great cook.  If your target drools when given your cooking, she is either Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon) or Rini (Usagi's daughter from the future). 
Rei Hino:  You can do a fire reading to check up on what people are doing.  (tracker)
Sailor Mini-Moon:  (aka Rini) You have a really bad feeling about your friend Hotaru.  You have to find her!  (psychiatrist)
Luna:  You can warn the senshi about some danger you fear will strike someone.  But if you are wrong twice, they will stop listening to your nagging!  (doctor that can lose powers)
Artemis:  You are Central Command:  send a message for the senshi to find in the morning! 
Tuxedo Mask:  You cheer Sailor Moon on from the sidelines (sorry, no power).  (hidden miller, see Minako)
Sailor Uranus:  (See Neptune)
Sailor Neptune:  You and your lover Uranus, (name), are lovers with the Pillow Talk ability to talk at night.  (Masons)
Sailor Pluto:  (I hadn't decided her yet)
Naru Osaka:  You visit people at night.  Any monsters that attack inevitably attack you!  (bodyguard)

Mistress 9:  You have possessed Hotaru Tomoe aka Sailor Saturn and are free to wreak your destruction upon the world at night.  If you are still around by Night 5 you will join forces with the Dark Kingdom (become a mafia). 

I realized when I was writing out the roles that I was giving the town a lot and the mafia not much at all -- actually I hurt them with their only special character.  (In fact as I write this I realize it would have forced quite a bit of creativity on any scum trying to roleclaim.)  But I didn't want to change that, so I figured it might balance things out to have an SK that will join the mafia.  Please do comment on whether you think I succeeded. 

I will be working on the actual game now. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

I will be working on the actual game now. 

I'm not sure the Sk was balanced enough.. I mean 5 nights is a lot. Though I like that there were not 30 deaths per nights (this got a bit confusing in the past games... and I believe a bit too revealing).

Also, the mafia being all men... probably would have requiered people to know the series well to find them out (I for one had no idea bad guys were men).

It is a complicated game, so it is difficult to tell if it is balanced or not.  My initial reaction is that it is balanced in favor of the anti-towns.  Numbers are 5 to 13 to 1, which could become 6 to 13.  The town has a very weak doctor, and what amounts to a every other day cop/vig.  That cop/vig could be a powerful role, but if the town loses that role, they are probably in trouble with the numbers the way they are.

With the serial killer, it is tough to tell how many kills there are going to be every night.  It looks to me like most of the town's powers are more useful in finding the serial killer than the mafia.  Three of the mafia are going to be doing nothing every night (one sent to kill, one with a power), so the tracker and blocker wouldn't do anything there.

The town could be in bad shape pretty quick.  Let's say a Day One no lynch.  Both the mafia and serial killer kill townies.  Day Two starts with 5 to 11 to 1.  Mis-lynch and Night Two starts with 5 to 10 to 1.  Another bad night and the town could be in a almost un-winnable position at the start of Day Three with only one mis-lynch.

The cop/vig, tracker, or town blocker would need to hit on scum (the right scum for the tracker and blocker since some don't do anything) Night One or Two for the town to really have a good chance I think.  Otherwise, the town will need to be very good during the day.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

there's a second cop though