By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 22 Sign-up Thread

That had occurred to me, Republic, but remember Mistress 9 could kill mafia. 

It might have been better if Luna's limit was 3 wrong choices though. 

I'm starting to send out PMs now. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I think attempting to figure out how balanced a setting like this would be is kind of pointless. The thing about power games is that balance is like small-scale planning in combat; neither survives first contact. This seems like effort was put into it, though, and relatively low-impact powers seem very nice. More balanced by nature than having a zillion killing roles.

By the way I can see if you checked your PM, you don't have to tell me so. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Hephaestos said:
theRepublic said:

there's a second cop though

Oh, that's the man thing, right?  I had no idea.  I have only seen parts of a few episodes roughly 10 years ago.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Final-Fan said:

That had occurred to me, Republic, but remember Mistress 9 could kill mafia. 

It might have been better if Luna's limit was 3 wrong choices though. 

I'm starting to send out PMs now. 

Oh I know.  I was thinking possible worst case scenario.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Too late to sign up?

1. hatmoza
2. Radishhead
3. Khuutra
4. Hepha
5. Nen
6. MG_94
7. TruckOSaurus
8. dtewi
9. Silver-Tiger
10. Kamal
11. SuperAdrianK or SAK
12. Prof
13. noname2200
14. Homer_Simpson
15. Kantor
16. 3ever man
gurglesletch 
18. theRepublic
19. sabby_e17
20. Linkzmax

btw I'm a newbie

Linkzmax said:

Too late to sign up?

1. hatmoza
2. Radishhead
3. Khuutra
4. Hepha
5. Nen
6. MG_94
7. TruckOSaurus
8. dtewi
9. Silver-Tiger
10. Kamal
11. SuperAdrianK or SAK
12. Prof
13. noname2200
14. Homer_Simpson
15. Kantor
16. 3ever man
gurglesletch 
18. theRepublic
19. sabby_e17
20. Linkzmax

btw I'm a newbie

sure I'll add you in

Hephaestos said:
theRepublic said:

Even so, you get a nerfed doc that has high chance of losing his/her powers.

A tracker is also a nerfed cop, they only get vague information, unless they tracked the killer... 

SuperAdrianK said:
Hephaestos said:

Even so, you get a nerfed doc that has high chance of losing his/her powers.
A tracker is also a nerfed cop, they only get vague information, unless they tracked the killer... 

But when you have THREE nerfed cops, surely that starts to add up to something?! (Moon, Minako, Rei)
Arguably four, with Makoto looking for two specific protown characters. 

Anyway, the Role PMs should be sent, composing OP for game thread.