By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is today perhaps the biggest day ever for videogaming?

Soonerman said:
Jordahn said:
toastboy44562 said:

This is the start of the future I believe. all games eventually will be controlled with your body...kinect is the first step there! today is perhaps the biggest day in the videogame industry ever...go 360!

Absolutely not.  The heart of gaming centers around hardcore gamers.  Kinect does NOTHING to promote hardcore gaming.  In fact, just the opposite.

What people tend to forget is that while it might be true now that hardcore gamers prefer the controller, it is still based on your generation. Your generation is getting old and a new one will take over. If the new one finds motion sensing like Kinect more comfortable than the controller then the gaming will move that way. It doesn't mean that hardcore games will be gone, you just gotta suck it up and admit that the way we play will change eventually and there's nothing you can do about it but enjoy it while it lasts.

Proof here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMy1zO8m8sM

Unless the next generation dont want to play the kind of games we play now, the controller isnt going to be replace by controller less. It just doesnt make much sense to control with your body, actions that cannot be perform with your body. Controller less does remain a great addition though.

Around the Network

The biggest day in gaming will be virtual reality.

definetly not the biggest day ever.

In the six alternate reality is possible. :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't want to start a flame war or anything like that, but by that logic, if all games are going to be controlled by body movement, then industry's biggest day ever, and I repeat, by your logic, should've been Eyetoy's release date.

Around the Network
Tuganuno said:

I don't want to start a flame war or anything like that, but by that logic, if all games are going to be controlled by body movement, then industry's biggest day ever, and I repeat, by your logic, should've been Eyetoy's release date.

You went there, didn't you?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i would have to respectufully disagree. If Kinect is very successful and spawns future peripherals like it or if becomes the norm to have that type of no controller  scheme, but I think other things will always be bigger.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Tuganuno said:

Not necessary true. Elvis is called the King of Rock and Roll yet he didn't invent it. He made it popular. The same would be true if Kinect "camera only" approach  replaces the controller something Eyetoy didn't do. Now I serious doubt Kinect will replace the controller but use alone with a controller (like Move) except for dancing and exercise.

Wagram said:
Beuli2 said:
Wagram said:
gamings_best said:
Beuli2 said:
gamings_best said:
O-D-C said:

1st step into something that the hardcore will never ever EVER care for.

agreed

Fail?

truth?

Truth for sure.

Fail for sure.

Your a confused pirate dog. I side with Darth!

And you are a crazy FF character, I'm siding with myself.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Personally, I think that day belongs to either October 18, 1958 or May 24, 1972.