By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is today perhaps the biggest day ever for videogaming?

So many haters, it is amusing.

Around the Network
eggs2see said:
pablogers said:

To the first post ... i really, really, reallyyyyy, hope its not... let me play with my controller, in my bed forever

Forever alone

Hahaha!

This makes me happy and sad all at once.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No. The PS Move and Kinect (I don't care who started development first) were spurred on by the success of the Wii. Had the Wii completely flopped I doubt we would have seen the Move or Kinect this generation. Before that we had the Eyetoy, Activator, PowerGlove, Dance pads, and all other sorts of devices that made "you" the controller. Now the Kinect hardware is more impressive than any of those other devices, but its launch isn't the biggest day in gaming.

I would say that Nintendo luanching the NES, Sony Launching the PS1, and Nintendo Launching the Wii were much bigger days in videogaming.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Gran Turismo 5's release date was announced!!
oh wait.... no then its not.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Really?

Around the Network
Antabus said:

So many Fanboys, it is amusing.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

NO, Ever heard of the activator my firend, the eytoy and kinect have a lot in common with it they all tried to force you using your body as the controller

O-D-C said:

1st step into something that the hardcore will never ever EVER care for.

agreed

Antabus said:

So when I say it won't change gaming forever as the title inplies, it means I'm a hater?

Above: still the best game of the year.

gamings_best said:
O-D-C said:

1st step into something that the hardcore will never ever EVER care for.

agreed

Fail?

Above: still the best game of the year.