By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is today perhaps the biggest day ever for videogaming?

Beuli2 said:
gamings_best said:
O-D-C said:

1st step into something that the hardcore will never ever EVER care for.

agreed

Fail?

truth?

Around the Network
nordlead said:

No. The PS Move and Kinect (I don't care who started development first) were spurred on by the success of the Wii. Had the Wii completely flopped I doubt we would have seen the Move or Kinect this generation. Before that we had the Eyetoy, Activator, PowerGlove, Dance pads, and all other sorts of devices that made "you" the controller. Now the Kinect hardware is more impressive than any of those other devices, but its launch isn't the biggest day in gaming.

I would say that Nintendo luanching the NES, Sony Launching the PS1, and Nintendo Launching the Wii were much bigger days in videogaming.

This is exactly what I had in mind. Funny how your a hater if you don't believe Kinect is the biggest thing EVARRRR!!!

gamings_best said:
Beuli2 said:
gamings_best said:
O-D-C said:

1st step into something that the hardcore will never ever EVER care for.

agreed

Fail?

truth?

Truth for sure.

Antabus said:

So many haters, it is amusing.

Why are they haters, because they are not fond of the idea of waving their entire body around just to play a video game? That's not called hate, that's called logic.

Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

Why are they haters, because they are not fond of the idea of waving their entire body around just to play a video game? That's not called hate, that's called logic.

I don't know why people hate on things. I am not following your logic, could you explain a bit? Is it logical not to like that kind of gaming or what are you trying to say?

Around the Network

no its a sad day in gaming. another motion controller deivce is being released and it will sell shit loads, increasing the popularity of motion controls. ahh dragon age changes it roots, gt5 gets delayed now this.

as long as core gamers dont get hurt im fine.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Nope. You CANNOT control the vast majority of gaming genres without some basic controller parts.

Antabus said:
Metallicube said:
Antabus said:

I don't know why people hate on things. I am not following your logic, could you explain a bit? Is it logical not to like that kind of gaming or what are you trying to say?

Generally people are hating because the OP is making a half-flamebait comment and his opinion is held by few.  He says it with so much vigor that people are screwing with him, because it is borderline absurd.  There have been a few more important days than this, at least.  I think he was a little overzealous, he shouldn't be offended if lots of people don't agree with him.

and..... no. The biggest day for videogames ever, if there is such thing, that would have to be either the day the first videogame was invented, or the day a videogame became popular for the first time ever. The day the first console released could be on the top 3 of that list too.

god no i hope not!

i just don't see kinect as being viable, besides the controler will always be here so Kinect maybe the first step into controlerless gaming, but it will never be hands free!