By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Wii and DS sales: Not Good

I get so tired of these big publishers who half ass the effort for their Wii games in comparison to the all the previews, developer exclusive interviews, and multi-million dollar marketing campaigns for their HD games. It is no wonder why their games fail on the Wii. You take your HD mentality in with you, don't pay enough attention to precision controls for the Wii-mote, don't market the game, and then you turn around and blame Nintendo for your half-assed, intern with a bad attitude type product?!

The consumer is the judge and jury. If you make a shoddy product, the consumer doesn't give two shitz about your uber Assassin's Creed series for the 360 and PS3. They want to see similar quality on the Wii and if they don't find it then word will get around and you will have lost any and all capability with the largest market in video games today. One bad Wii product will turn off all Wii consumers no matter how many Assassin's Creed caliber series you have for the HD twins.

Money is tight and individuals don't have the time or patience for a shoddy product just because it has the "EA" logo on the box.

Where has accountability gone in business today? Was it ever there to begin with?

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I will go anyway.

It is true that EA is not giving good games for the Wii and I wish they would.  However, I think Nintendo needs to take some of the blame for all this third party problem.  Historically, they have shown that they have had troubled relationships with third parties.  Sony and Microsoft probably give a little more help on marketing than Nintendo does.

At the beginning of this generation, the third parties almost dropped the PS3 for development and were going to do all HD exclusives on the 360.  Kaz Hirai had to do alot to keep the 3rd parties from doing that (apparently, begging on his knees according to an article).

I think it's time Nintendo show some more effort in this area if they want to have a more solid 3rd party foundation. 

Thats well said, I have to agree that I have felt the same way when I see how much 3rd party attention even the Xbox 1 got in comparison to the Wii and the types of 3rd party studios and the qualitity of talent actually making the titles.

Tease.

Aside from sports titles, I don't recall any good EA games on the Wii.

In all fairness, they do make the best sports games I've played.

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

KingKold said:

Aside from sports titles, I don't recall any good EA games on the Wii.

In all fairness, they do make the best sports games I've played.

they have very few good titles...

Dead Space was a good game, but set in a genre that was full of (cheaper) games and very different from the original genre of the franchise so Wii owners didn't have a reason to pick it and neither franchise followers.

Boom Blox (the first one) was a success, but the sequel came too fast and without proper hype or advertisement.

NBA Jam, its a great game that may have the WORST treatment in the history of videogames, first they said its an exclusive, then announced a gimped version for the HD consoles for free and WITH online modes, then announced a HD version with all the features AND online at the same price of the Wii version WITHOUT online. All before the Wii version actually came out.

The Mysims titles are nice but not great, and sell decent numbers.

And maybe 1 game per Sport franchise, all the editions are actually good, but as stated the wii owner doesn't buy the "almost same" game every year.

flagstaad said:

And maybe 1 game per Sport franchise, all the editions are actually good, but as stated the wii owner doesn't buy the "almost same" game every year.

Actually, Tiger Woods was bucking this trend, and selling better and better annually, to the point the Wii SKU was even the best selling version.  Of course, all that collapsed this year for obvious reasons...

Around the Network

EA has been trolling Nintendo constantly this entire gen. These "complaints" come at no surprise. The WEAKSAUCE is so great it has EA in it twice.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

jarrod said:
flagstaad said:

Actually, Tiger Woods was bucking this trend, and selling better and better annually, to the point the Wii SKU was even the best selling version.  Of course, all that collapsed this year for obvious reasons...

Because of PlayStation Move?

I think i have bought a total of like 3-4 EA games in the past 15years I dont think the problem is any of the consoles.

Games4Fun said:

I think i have bought a total of like 3-4 EA games in the past 15years I dont think the problem is any of the consoles.

But you have to admit that their efforts in the other consoles are way better than for the Wii. The new medal of honor, Brutal Legend, Mirror's Edge, Need for Speed: Shift, Burnout, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Battlefield, to name some.

badgenome said:
jarrod said:
flagstaad said:

Because of PlayStation Move?