By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Wii and DS sales: Not Good

Wii is not that third party friendly, if you look at the top selling games, all come from Nintendo and the third parties come with sales usually lower than PS3 or Xbox 360 average game sellings, no third party game even did 25% of the most selling wii game

Around the Network
lolage said:

Wii is not that third party friendly, if you look at the top selling games, all come from Nintendo and the third parties come with sales usually lower than PS3 or Xbox 360 average game sellings, no third party game even did 25% of the most selling wii game

Of course they haven't. 

Does anyone really care? As mentioned so many times, EA is a crappy company with a crappy attitude.  After the whole NBA jam fiasco, Wii owners in their right mind wouldn't bat an eye if they just stopped doing anything for Nintendo all together.

lolage said:

Yeah because the higher selling games are at 20 million. No crap that they barely (or never) reach 6 mill .

I suggest that they make an actual multi million dollar game and show true effort then it will sell. Obviously.

I'm not a big fan of EA's offerings so far on the Wii, but I do think it is strange how this year the sports game market has seemed to collapse on the Wii. First Tiger Woods did horribly, the Madden, and now Fifa (although that is not underperforming as much as the other two), NBA Jam is not off to a good start. The Sims games have done fairly decent on Wii so far, so maybe when the Sims 3 releases it will do decently. Although releasing the game several weeks later than on the rest of the platforms probably won't help. I'm sure EA Sports Active 2 will at least do decently as well, but nowhere near what the 1st game did.

Around the Network

WHAT?

EA gets revenue from Wii and DS?

x_X

Which games are selling? OMG, stupid people, stop buying games from EA.

EA has really dropped the ball on the Wii. What a joke.

EA Wii and DS games: Not Good

09tarheel said:

I'm not a big fan of EA's offerings so far on the Wii, but I do think it is strange how this year the sports game market has seemed to collapse on the Wii. First Tiger Woods did horribly, the Madden, and now Fifa (although that is not underperforming as much as the other two), NBA Jam is not off to a good start. The Sims games have done fairly decent on Wii so far, so maybe when the Sims 3 releases it will do decently. Although releasing the game several weeks later than on the rest of the platforms probably won't help. I'm sure EA Sports Active 2 will at least do decently as well, but nowhere near what the 1st game did.

Because for many people who own a Wii, me too, the sports games are always the same. Why do I have to pay 50€ to have little graphics improvements and the new rosters? On the HD consoles there's not this problem, people is generally more linked to franchises and PES or FIFa could never flop, they sell mainly because of the name.

I don't understand one thing: EA, you're loosing money, how about changing your plans? You're just launching the same sports games, the same IPs and making the same mistakes every year...you'll be absorbed by someone in no time if you keep with lossis like this! Not that it matters for me...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Ok this is simple to explain. No games = no money. Their attitude is really lame. Sorry but EA just lacks innovation and... well, testicles to try something new, they are just sticking to thei Madden NFL NBA NHL games with the EA sports division.