By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Wii and DS sales: Not Good

Galaki said:
Doobie_wop said:
Galaki said:
Simulacrum said:

Why are you guys saying EA is blaming Nintendo?They just said how things are around there.

Face it.

Or rather ignore it,rage about EA,poop on your pants and fall a sleep.

If the publishers kept using your console of choice as scapegoat, you'll end up hating them, too.

They have some PC titles that I am interested in but decided to ignore them altogether.

Maybe the Wii and DS actually have problems. Publishers don't go to secret meetings to gossip about how wacky Nintendo is, their claims might be legitimate and they aren't a bunch of 'Da Biazed' forum goers, they are businesses filled with intelligent people, real world problems and years of experience. EA have been great publishers this gen, they've created some fantastic new IPs, they've taken some risks that I as a gamer can appreciate and they've made all their current franchises better than they were last gen. It's a shame your not going to play their games, they've been having some of the best line-ups in recent memory, your loss I guess.

Yup, my loss for saving money.

Nice response. It seems like the only Nintendo fan that can actually back up their publisher arguments is LordTheNightKnight.You can continue on with your conspiracy theories, I've lost interest.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

While I agree EA hasn't released any gems recently except for the just release NHL Slapshot and NBA Jam they are hardly alone here.  Right now no one is selling new games in big numbers on Wii - not even Nintendo!  Slapshot and Jam are by my opinion, perfect Wii games that should appeal to Wii owners - except both are over priced, but not so much as to explain the really pathetic sales.  I mean really pathetic.  Rock Band and GH generally rock solid sales on Wii are underperforming.  Fitness titles are down overall.  Sports titles down. Heck Wii and DS sales are down overall and all software with them.   Doesn't help anyone that Wii's now sell with both Wii Sports and Sports Resort which is enough to keep the uber casual crowd now getting them entertained for a looong time.   Metroid, Kirby, Wii Party (except in Japan) all have weak sales.     Goldeneye and DKCR may be the only 'hits' this holiday season - maybe.

So while it's fine to be critical of EA, it's not them alone.   Wii seems to have hit a saturation point and looks like it's lost it's shine.   There's nothing on it that's grabbing people's imagination while we have Move and Kinect on the other systems. We'll have to wait until post holidays to really understand if they have meaningful traction or not, regardless, they are doing something to generate interest with Nintendo's more casual market and Nintendo isn't except for releasing yet another party game (although a good one).

jarrod said:
flagstaad said:

And maybe 1 game per Sport franchise, all the editions are actually good, but as stated the wii owner doesn't buy the "almost same" game every year.

Actually, Tiger Woods was bucking this trend, and selling better and better annually, to the point the Wii SKU was even the best selling version.  Of course, all that collapsed this year for obvious reasons...

Sales only increased from '07 to '08.  The last three editions have decreased.  Also the Wii version has been the best selling since the start in '07.  Although the PS2 version beat it in America, and wasn't tracked in Europe so that might have actually been on top.