By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Islam and Christianity are almost the same!

A couple of weeks ago I slipped into some Arabistic studies lecture (free period and it was too cold outside), it was on women in Islam, in the Quran and Islam's early history. Iit was basically roles completely reversed compared to the West. More rights, ownership, education. It's pretty sad how it evolved into the current dominant image.

But then again the whole image during the Middle Ages was reversed with the Islamic world having the science and culture and Europe being all sorts of crummy until the Renaissance. 

Around the Network

Of course they are, they are made out of the same scriptures and scrolls.

SpartenOmega117 said:

The reason we don't believe in the current Bible is because Muslims beleive that the Bible has been changed quite a bit throughtout the years by the Pope, priests, etc. So we don't think it is original and has been changed dramatically. Otherwise we do believe in the Bible.

I find this interesting since the Pope is found no where in the Bible nor is some of Catholic teachings. In fact Jesus warn his disciples on men who likes to sit in Mose's seat (law giver). Why didn't the Catholic change the scripture which speak out against their own teachings?  Probably because the Catholics who copied the scripture before the printing press  respect God enough  not to change the scripture to fit Catholic teachings.  What the Catholic church did was refuse the common person from reading the scriptures  until the printing press was invented.  Both Catholics and Islam has a mixture of different religions as well as politics  which Jesus spoke out against.

No way. Next you're going to tell me Judaism follows the Bible!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Smidlee said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

The reason we don't believe in the current Bible is because Muslims beleive that the Bible has been changed quite a bit throughtout the years by the Pope, priests, etc. So we don't think it is original and has been changed dramatically. Otherwise we do believe in the Bible.

I find this interesting since the Pope is found no where in the Bible nor is some of Catholic teachings. In fact Jesus warn his disciples on men who likes to sit in Mose's seat (law giver). Why didn't the Catholic change the scripture which speak out against their own teachings?  Probably because the Catholics who copied the scripture before the printing press  respect God enough  not to change the scripture to fit Catholic teachings.  What the Catholic church did was refuse the common person from reading the scriptures  until the printing press was invented.  Both Catholics and Islam has a mixture of different religions as well as politics  which Jesus spoke out against.

I might be reading this wrong, but Islam wasn't there when Jesus was alive.

Around the Network
Cirio said:

Neither were the Catholics  but the mother and child cult were around during his days on earth which is probably why in scripture Jesus never  called Mary mother.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Boxed_Echidna said:

They are both works of fiction, believed by billions of ignorant people as a means of explaining/justifying their existence. That is their fundamental similarity. The differences are endless. Compare Jesus to Mohammed. One a peaceful man who spent his life teaching others to love their neighbour and turn the other cheek; the other a mass murdering paedophile (yes, he married a 6 year old - Aisha).

this is a type of comment I was trying to avoid in this thread. I do have an argument to go against this but i have a feeling this type of argument will just continue no matter what i say.

GTFO!!

Ignore him, he's the alt of a banned account that does nothing but spew hate speeches.

The funny thing is he calls me (since I believe in God) ignorant when I have a better understanding of science, history and philosophy than he does. He gets his information off wikipedia and shows the same stupidity as those he's yelling out at.

Besides if he's right who gives a shit, our lives are all meaningless. But if were right well...

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Smidlee said:
Cirio said:

Neither were the Catholics  but the mother and child cult were around during his days on earth which is probably why in scripture Jesus never  called Mary mother.

catholic is just a sect of christianity. Christianity started after or during the time of Jesus

Mendicate Bias said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Boxed_Echidna said:

They are both works of fiction, believed by billions of ignorant people as a means of explaining/justifying their existence. That is their fundamental similarity. The differences are endless. Compare Jesus to Mohammed. One a peaceful man who spent his life teaching others to love their neighbour and turn the other cheek; the other a mass murdering paedophile (yes, he married a 6 year old - Aisha).

this is a type of comment I was trying to avoid in this thread. I do have an argument to go against this but i have a feeling this type of argument will just continue no matter what i say.

GTFO!!

Ignore him, he's the alt of a banned account that does nothing but spew hate speeches.

The funny thing is he calls me (since I believe in God) ignorant when I have a better understanding of science, history and philosophy than he does. He gets his information off wikipedia and shows the same stupidity as those he's yelling out at.

Besides if he's right who gives a shit, our lives are all meaningless. But if were right well...

yeah i ingored him

One of the core differences between Islam and Christianity (or Judaism) is how the doctrine is viewed today. For the most part, in Christianity and Judaism there is the belief that the Bible and Torah need to be interpreted and made relevant in modern life, where the Qu'aran and Haddiths are supposed to be taken as the true words of the prophet (and therefore god). While most western born and raised Muslims from middle class backgrounds probably have a view of Islam which is closer to how Christian or Jewish people see their religion, these individuals are a tiny minority of the people who follow Islam; and it would be more appropriate to label these individuals extremists than moderate Muslims due to how they line up with mainstream Islam on a worldwide scale.