By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:

I just nee some clarification on games like SMT DDS 1 & 2 and FFX & FFX-2. 

in the case of SMT DDS 1 and 2 though are in affect 1 game split into 2 and FFX and FFX-2 are pretty much a package in my opinion you can not play FFX-2 without playing FFX first because FFX-2.      

FFX & X-2 are definetely to be counted as separate games though

There's no point in playing MGS4 without playing at least MGS1 and MGS2....but we can't count them in the same package can we?

how would you separate them like FFVII and FFVII CrisisCore and SMT DDS 1 and DDS2 are a bit more complex to separate I think.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:

I just nee some clarification on games like SMT DDS 1 & 2 and FFX & FFX-2. 

in the case of SMT DDS 1 and 2 though are in affect 1 game split into 2 and FFX and FFX-2 are pretty much a package in my opinion you can not play FFX-2 without playing FFX first because FFX-2.      

FFX & X-2 are definetely to be counted as separate games though

There's no point in playing MGS4 without playing at least MGS1 and MGS2....but we can't count them in the same package can we?

how would you separate them like FFVII and FFVII CrisisCore and SMT DDS 1 and DDS2 are a bit more complex to separate I think.

They may be but because they are separate games on store shelves, each releasing around 10 years apart so I think they should be counted differently.

I am sure there are more games very closely related like those are, it would be very confusing to combine all of them.

Obviously the decision is up to smeags in the end.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Come on the 12th, I just want to start this!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I just have finalize my list It is very hard narrowing down 50 out of the Games I have played in the last 23 years.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Oh, one more thing;

When i was going to set up this thread, I thought that maybe at the end we could like tally up some "rewards", such as:

1. Best game ever

2. Best Publisher Ever

3. Best Developer ever

4. Best console ever

etc.

This would be awarded according to the maximum number of "points", i.e number 50 in a persons list would gain 1 point, number 1 50 points, and say number 36 would get 14 points etc, so we actually "get" more of a feel as to where all these good games are coming from! Also, I'd reccomend including the console you played the game on (if multiplat)/which console you preferred it on for this to work!

Just a thought for you...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Great idea. I have my top 5 in my head, but the other 45 are going to be sooo difficult.

Conegamer said:

Oh, one more thing;

When i was going to set up this thread, I thought that maybe at the end we could like tally up some "rewards", such as:

1. Best game ever

2. Best Publisher Ever

3. Best Developer ever

4. Best console ever

etc.

This would be awarded according to the maximum number of "points", i.e number 50 in a persons list would gain 1 point, number 1 50 points, and say number 36 would get 14 points etc, so we actually "get" more of a feel as to where all these good games are coming from! Also, I'd reccomend including the console you played the game on (if multiplat)/which console you preferred it on for this to work!

Just a thought for you...

I'm not his advocate or anything, but Smeags is already going through a lot of effort with the Most Wanted threads. We don't wanna push him over the edge, do we?

OT:

Whew, I'm finally done with my top 50. But I can't shake the feeling, that I'm forgetting a few games, though... And when I remember them, I'm gonna have to revamp the whole damn list.

*Sigh*

Ninpanda said:

OT:

Whew, I'm finally done with my top 50. But I can't shake the feeling, that I'm forgetting a few games, though... And when I remember them, I'm gonna have to revamp the whole damn list.

*Sigh*

I know what you mean. I just finished my list (or at least thought I had), then realised that not a single God of War, driving or football game was on it and I'd forgotten about Duke Nukem 3D.

Over 25 yrs worth of games and only 50 choices is just too hard!

Well I have all the games.

Now I just need to order them.

A lot of my list is depressingly standard, but hopefully I can raise a few eyebrows.

@PacMan

Your favorite games are your favorite games. You don't have to own a game to love it!

@Scoobes

You should put up your one post in the official thread so I can add you to the list!

@Khuutra

I know you wont put games for just the sake of raising eye-brows, so I can't wait to see your list of games!