By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Smeags said:

Lol @ all you guys saying you're "done".

Don't worry, you'll wake up tomorrow morning and realize that maybe you put game ____ a little too high, and that game ______ was actually even better now that you think about it.

It's a hellish process.

True! You have no idea how often I have already changed my list.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

I'm bi-polar... so Can I put one at 50 and then at the end of the list have the one at 50 at number one? :P

Ok so i managed to bring my list down to the 50 games i want.... but theres a lot of games i had to cut. I think it'd be a cool idea to do something like a top 5  honorable mentions  for each system I owned leading up to the 12th. So i've owned the sega genisis, ps1, PC, ps2, psp, wii and ps3. Today is the 5th so i'd start with my 5 genisis honourable mentions, tomorrow would be the 6th so i'd do ps1, 7th would be PC, 8th would be ps2, 9th psp, 10th wii, 11th ps3 and then the top 50 starts on the 12. I thought it'd be cool and i already have 5 genisis games i'd like to mention.... just thought i might be goin overboard and didn't want to jump start things without askin first...

Thanks and man i'm excited, i've been goin through so many memories...

KyoFlamez said:

Ok so i managed to bring my list down to the 50 games i want.... but theres a lot of games i had to cut. I think it'd be a cool idea to do something like a top 5  honorable mentions  for each system I owned leading up to the 12th. So i've owned the sega genisis, ps1, gba, ps2, psp, wii and ps3. Today is the 5th so i'd start with my 5 genisis honourable mentions, tomorrow would be the 6th so i'd do ps1, 7th would be gameboy advance, 8th would be ps2, 9th psp, 10th wii, 11th ps3 and then the top 50 starts on the 12. I thought it'd be cool and i already have 5 genisis games i'd like to mention.... just thought i might be goin overboard and didn't want to jump start things without askin first...

Thanks and man i'm excited, i've been goin through so many memories...

If that's what you wanna do, then do IT!

I'm really happy that you're so stoked about this! It let's me know that I'm doing something right around here. ^_^

Yeah, we bicker and argue and moan over console sales and the like, but it makes me a happy panda to see that we're all coming together to talk and discuss what makes this hobby so special: the games!

ishiki said:

I'm bi-polar... so Can I put one at 50 and then at the end of the list have the one at 50 at number one? :P

Wait... you wanna do this?

(Day 1: Nov. 12th)

1. Moosecakes: The Reckoning

(Day 50: Dec. 31st)

50. Awesome Game: The Moosening

Go ahead... As long as on Nov. 12th you post your 50th favorite game and on Dec. 31st you post your favorite game. I really don't care too much about how you number them.

Around the Network

KyoFlamez Honourable Mentions

Well i skipped a couple of days there due to writer's block, i didnt feel like thinkin about stuff to write for the last bunch of games, so I just put the games with no reason why.

Sega Gensis

1. Mortal Kombat - It was my first taste of fighting games and man did I love it.

2. WWF Royal Rumble - I've always been a big wreslting fan and this was my first wrestling game, man I loved it.

3. Gunstar Heroes - Great multiplayer game that still stands up today.

4. Golden Axe - Riding dinosaurs, unleashing thundershowers and firestorms sooo awesome.

5. Tale Spin - I played the game so much the cartridge just stopped working. Although now I can barely remember the game, just thinking about it makes me smile.

PlayStation

1. Spiderman - I loved the web swinging, the action, comic book collecting and the best part was the bosses.

2. X-men: Mutant Academy 2 - Took the first game and made it better. You can`t help but feel owned when juggernaut beats you down with a bucket over his head XD

3. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - They added more characters, Agent 9 the space monkey was awesome and the mini games were more fun, like skateboarding.

4. Tarzan -  It wasn`t the greatest game but for some reason it clicked, and i really liked it.

5.Cool Boarders 2 - If you throw customization into something its easy to get me hooked. Board design was pretty much Paint but I got to see it in action down some fun slopes

No Specific System

1.Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - I loved the original and played the hell out of it. Until I play Heart of the Swarm and to a lesser extent Legacy of the Void it just won`t be complete.

2.Bust-A-Move - I`ve been playing Bust-A-Move games since I was small, everytime I`ve gone into an arcade I always look for this.

3.Age of Empires - Theres nothing quite like evolving the human race and conquering others along the way.

4.Super Mario World - It was great amounts of fun was had at my cousins house with this game.

5.Slime Volleyball - I first played in high school and ever since it`s been my past time when i`m somewhere with a group of people, bored and have a computer with internet near us.   

PlayStation 2
1.Grandia 2
    This game was my transition from PS1 RPG's to next gen ones. I liked the story, characters and I loved the gameplay, at the time i remember it feeling fresh and i couldn't stop playing until the end. This is the game that made me realize that I'll like any RPG if it has a good girl and a dark girl as playable characters and it hasn't proven wrong yet.

2.FFX
    I was worried that voice acting in my FF games was gonna ruin things a bit. Other than Yuna, boy was I wrong.... XD at Tidus and Yuna laughing scene. Seymour, Auron, Rikku and Blitzball were awesome and made the game for me.

3.Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    I watched the Anime before playing the game which kinda ruined the experience a bit for me, but the story is still full of awesome. I love the amount of quirk and crazy in the game. Gameplay was solid and they pretty much have me hooked on the disgaea series now.

4.Monster Rancher 4
    There's something about collecting, training and battling with creatures that just gets me hooked.

5.God of War 2
    They took the first game and upped the scale, and Kratos became even more badass with the new story.

Wii
1.New Super Mario Bros
2.Bleach Shattered Blade
3.Mario Kart
4.Red Steel
5.Mario Party 8

PlayStation Portable
1.Valkyria Chronicles 2
2.Dissidia
3.DJ Max Fever 2
4.Patapon
5.Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess

PlayStation 3
1.Uncharted 1
2.Batman AA
3.FFXIII
4.Heavy Rain
5.Mirror`s Edge

Smeags said:

Lol @ all you guys saying you're "done".

Don't worry, you'll wake up tomorrow morning and realize that maybe you put game ____ a little too high, and that game ______ was actually even better now that you think about it.

It's a hellish process.

Fark how did you know?!!!

I was looking over my list yesterday, admiring the games that are in the Top 50 and then suddenly I realised that 2 certain games were a bit too far up the rank and there were two games that I thought were better than these two and switched them around with 2 other games that I felt was rightfully at the higher ranks.

I'm afraid to look at my list again because I might switch more games around :P lolz!!!

Should this be only games you have owned? There are a few games from a friend's rival console that I enjoyed and completed.

And on that note, I kinda think there should be a minimum time spent with the game; say 5ish hours or completion, whichever is shorter. Maybe I shouldn't judge others lists. A game can feel fresh for an hour, but after 5ish hours suddenly it becomes quite dull.

I just nee some clarification on games like SMT DDS 1 & 2 and FFX & FFX-2. 

in the case of SMT DDS 1 and 2 though are in affect 1 game split into 2 and FFX and FFX-2 are pretty much a package in my opinion you can not play FFX-2 without playing FFX first because FFX-2.      

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:

I just nee some clarification on games like SMT DDS 1 & 2 and FFX & FFX-2. 

in the case of SMT DDS 1 and 2 though are in affect 1 game split into 2 and FFX and FFX-2 are pretty much a package in my opinion you can not play FFX-2 without playing FFX first because FFX-2.      

FFX & X-2 are definetely to be counted as separate games though

There's no point in playing MGS4 without playing at least MGS1 and MGS2....but we can't count them in the same package can we?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey