By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Khuutra said:

I still haven't started my list.

I really should.

It shouldn't take 9 days to make a list.

A good few hours could do it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I got my list finished and it was damn hard.  I've only owned the Atari 2600, NES, N64, GC, XB360, GBA, NDS, and Wii.  I feel sorry for anyone with more systems and games. 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Smeags said:

Snfr raised a very good question: What do we do with "Collections" like GoW Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Classics Collection, etc.?

I personally will not be using collections, and rather I will be counting each game that could be in a collection seperately. I feel its more fair to treat each single game as just that... a single game. I feel that Collections as a single game have too much of an advantage being that they're a combination of mutliple games that just raise the game's value.

Still, do I want to ban Collections? I don't know... what do you guys think?

so expansions like The Frozen Throne aren't considered separate games but collections are out? that seems a bit weird

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Smeags said:

Snfr raised a very good question: What do we do with "Collections" like GoW Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Classics Collection, etc.?

I personally will not be using collections, and rather I will be counting each game that could be in a collection seperately. I feel its more fair to treat each single game as just that... a single game. I feel that Collections as a single game have too much of an advantage being that they're a combination of mutliple games that just raise the game's value.

Still, do I want to ban Collections? I don't know... what do you guys think?

so expansions like The Frozen Throne aren't considered separate games but collections are out? that seems a bit weird

mhm i think you could consider the frozen throne to be included when you say 'Warcraft 3'.

COllections.. nahh.. just think 'bout:

40. GTAIV

41.GTA EP's of LC

42. GTA Compl. Edition

43. God of War Collection

44. God of war 1

45. God of War 2

46. GOW Trilogy

i mean.. rly?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Smeags said:

Yep, I found my 1-10 to be pretty easy (Well... you're right in that 6-10 is still tough, because so many games are fighting for our top 10s!) but yeah... 11-50 is tough. And 40-50 is EXTREMELY tough. Good luck guys.

As for expansions. Expansions count as part of the single game experience. So if you want to add WarCraft II and really liked Beyond the Dark Portal it would be:

22. WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness/Beyond the Dark Portal

Oh and guys... We've now had two posters post more than once in the thread... Boo!

I'm cool with that.

That's how I've done it anyway so I don't need to adjust anything :D. Ma Top 50 is set and ready to roll out!

Around the Network
zarx said:

Yeah, I know it's a bit iffy, but that'll be how the cookie crumbles. While expansions (like the Frozen throne) are never meant to be seperate from their original game, collections are a bunch of games that can stand on their own. I just think collections have too much swaying power as is.

Expansions are a lot easier to manage... I mean... there's collections of everything now-a-days...

dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

I still haven't started my list.

I really should.

It shouldn't take 9 days to make a list.

A good few hours could do it.

Ten bucks says he'll start today and still not be finished nine days from now.

I know I won't be...

Done!

And there's one handheld game in my list :O :O :O!!

Lol @ all you guys saying you're "done".

Don't worry, you'll wake up tomorrow morning and realize that maybe you put game ____ a little too high, and that game ______ was actually even better now that you think about it.

It's a hellish process.

Done!!!!

We should've started from 55 Smeags :D

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey