By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

So I've made a word document with 1 - 50 on there, now I've just got to fill it.  I've pretty much decided the top 10, but I need some serious deciding for the rest

Around the Network

I have my top 50

The order will have to be changed a bit here n there

But my 50th game is ready.....its one from my 2nd fav franchise.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Lol, as Darth knows I've been working on this for a long time now... and I'm STILL tinkering around with my 50 games. ^_^

I've made so many adjustments to my list in the last 15 minutes. My final list probably won't have any of the games I started with (Actually, I'll probably only replace one or two).

All in.  Top 50....

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

All in.  Top 50....

I'll add you, but click on the link at the top and you'll find yourself in the official thread.

Yes I know, I need to get them both stickied.

Snfr raised a very good question: What do we do with "Collections" like GoW Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Classics Collection, etc.?

I personally will not be using collections, and rather I will be counting each game that could be in a collection seperately. I feel its more fair to treat each single game as just that... a single game. I feel that Collections as a single game have too much of an advantage being that they're a combination of mutliple games that just raise the game's value.

Still, do I want to ban Collections? I don't know... what do you guys think?

Well, for the sake of fairness, I won't be including collections in my top 50.

I don't think you should utterly forbid users from putting collections on their lists, though. But that's just me.

Smeags said:

Snfr raised a very good question: What do we do with "Collections" like GoW Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Classics Collection, etc.?

I personally will not be using collections, and rather I will be counting each game that could be in a collection seperately. I feel its more fair to treat each single game as just that... a single game. I feel that Collections as a single game have too much of an advantage being that they're a combination of mutliple games that just raise the game's value.

Still, do I want to ban Collections? I don't know... what do you guys think?

Good point, it's definitely a bit unfair, so I'll probably leave out collections as well.

I'm curious what others think about that though.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Yeah collections aren't fair to be included

otherwise Final Fantasy Anthology for Ps1 (I think this had FF4, FF6 AND Chrono Trigger) would be the best game ever.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey