By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

38. Mass Effect 2 - X360

There's already around a million positive reviews for this game, and I'm tired as Hell. So shut your hole, I'm not explaining anything.

Around the Network
Tayne said:

36. Devil Survivor

My first Shin Megami Tensei game and also one of my favorite SRPGs.  Only played through once, but this game will definitely get another look so I can get a different ending.

I love it whenever someone appreciates this hidden gem of a game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Boutros said:

OMG I'M SO LATE! Updating tomorrow!

lawllawl

What he said!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Scoobes said:

No. 37: Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Expansion (PC)

Before the monster that is World of Warcraft, there was a humble fantasy RTS series with RPG elements. The third in the series was the one to suck me in. Very rarely is a single player story mode done as well in the RTS genre as Blizzard manage it and Warcraft 3 epitomised how Blizzard are so successful in that department. This is saying nothing of the 4 races, the balance between them and the cool fantasy world that ended up spawning the biggest MMO to date. The only downside was that levelling your hero sometimes took focus away from the startegy in the game, but it was fun nonetheless.

Great choice! 'Tis my favorite RTS game of all time. (I've never played Starcraft, though. I really should.)

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

OMG I'M SO LATE! Updating tomorrow!

lawllawl

What he said!

What they said!!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:

Great choice! 'Tis my favorite RTS game of all time. (I've never played Starcraft, though. I really should.)

Don't feel bad! I've played StarCraft, and WarCraft III is still my favorite RTS of all time! Micro-managing is so much easier. Never thought I could live without it until I had it.

Stop poking me!

Poke poke poke, is that all you do?

Ooooh... that feels nice.

36. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

Circle of the Moon was my first Castlevania experience. Not the NES or SNES classic Castlevanias. Not the Symphony of the Night reimagining by Igarashi... but Circle of the Moon on the GameBoy Advance. To be sure, I had no idea what I was getting myself into... or even why I bought it in the first place. All I know is that I popped it in, turned on the handheld... and was taken on a vampire slaying, monster killing adventure full of atmosphere and awesome action. I love the fact that I could get better weapons through magic, and could always get more powerful by leveling up. The whip cracking action was so  satisfying. Plus... after I defeated Dracula and defeated the darkness within... I could replay the game with new powers and abilities. The game had so many ways to play... the game seemed to go on forever. Unfortuately, I played this game so much and did so many replays... that the in-game battery died. I literaly played this game to (its) death. It may not be my favorite Castlevania (that goes to Eccelsia), but its the game that introduced me to the world of Vampires, were-wolves, and Vampire hunters sworn to take down the evil inside the castle. This game made me a fan or life.

If you couldn't tell... I like the Castlevania series a lot.

What number are we on in the UK so I know what to update it to?

Uh... it's still the 26th over there right? So... you're on 36.

Double-update time for me again!

37. Actraiser (SNES). People who know me know that I'm not a huge fan of action games. (So don't go looking for its sequel.) And I will say that the action sections in this game are decent. However, it's the simulation with the angel that really stands out. All the hidden stuff, the extra story pulls, and the way that you have to help places work together to maximize everything. (Oh, and earthquaking places to get rid of older houses is fun also...)

36. Earthbound (SNES). Another Super Nintendo game. And it has enough fans here that I don't need to say much. It's fun, quirky, and it handles enemies so much better on the overworld map. Alas, it's a tad easy, else it'd be much higher on my list.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...