By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Smeags could you add another rule?

Not bitching about why X Game is in someone's list and asking people here "omg X game was crap. Can't believe it's in someone's Top 50", etc blah blah blah.

Trust me, someone is going to say that if you don't make that rule.

Around the Network

Oh, yeah, I'm gonna be on vacation from the 18th to the 22nd, so I'm gonna add 5 extra games on the 23rd.

But first, I need to find 50 games I actually like.

Oh, and are we posting boxarts of the game or just the name?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Cross-X said:

Not bitching about why X Game is in someone's list and asking people here "omg X game was crap. Can't believe it's in someone's Top 50", etc blah blah blah.

Oh, I'm fully aware that that will happen. It happened when I was on the other site that did this, and it'll definitely happen here. People don't seem to realize that this is a "Favorite 50" thread, and that every game someone posts is loved. Oh well...

But yes, I'll add some rules to this thread (no reason posting it over there) to make sure that we all have a good time. I love me some good discussion (So Darth, what's your reasoning for placing MGS4 at number 50? I thought you loved it more than that?) and will definitely report silly bickering (olol Smeags! The Fight: Lights Out is teh suxxorz!)

dtewi said:

Oh, yeah, I'm gonna be on vacation from the 18th to the 22nd, so I'm gonna add 5 extra games on the 23rd.

If you wanna make it pretty, go for it. I don't mind. I'll probably do box arts too.

Just... be reasonable with it. You know what's good and what's overdone.

Smeags said:
Cross-X said:

Oh, I'm fully aware that that will happen. It happened when I was on the other site that did this, and it'll definitely happen here. People don't seem to realize that this is a "Favorite 50" thread, and that every game someone posts is loved. Oh well...

But yes, I'll add some rules to this thread (no reason posting it over there) to make sure that we all have a good time. I love me some good discussion (So Darth, what's your reasoning for placing MGS4 at number 50? I thought you loved it more than that?) and will definitely report silly bickering (olol Smeags! The Fight: Lights Out is teh suxxorz!)

tehehe

Are you sure I won't be the one asking that question ?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Smeags said:
dtewi said:

If you wanna make it pretty, go for it. I don't mind. I'll probably do box arts too.

W00t! Two pages of artwork per game!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Smeags said:
Cross-X said:

By all means people should discuss with each other and share comments on why someone's X game is 5 places higher than Y game and I'm sure that can be done without trouble but just like how you described it, we don't want people calling other games shit, etc.

Good to hear

dtewi said:

Lol! Yeah, I thought of putting a banner for each one... but that might be too much...

Last time I did this, I had the boxart, a small paragraph for why I chose this game, and then a screenshot. Turned out pretty well.

dtewi said:
Smeags said:
dtewi said:

Dude thats too much

threads will become a LAG-ATHON

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Smeags said:
dtewi said:

Lol! Yeah, I thought of putting a banner for each one... but that might be too much...

Last time I did this, I had the boxart, a small paragraph for why I chose this game, and then a screenshot. Turned out pretty well.

I'm thinking one boxart for the #50-11, and one boxart, one artwork, and extravagant fonts for the top 10.

Small explanations for 50-11, longer for 10-1.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you