By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

I agree somewhat with this - however my arguments are a bit different. 

the possiblity that the wii successor is released soon is unlikely imo. because the wii dosent compete directly with the HD consoles, and its cheaper price gives it an edge that a new model could not, espeically since this new model would have to compete with the price of the other consoles. - do nintendo really want to be in that situation?? remember gamecube.

and developing games is very expensive, developers have said they want this generation to last as long as possible. this means that the PS3 will have an incredible advantage if new consoles are released, because developers have to learn how to program for new consoles, and that takes time, money, manpower, etc. also lets not forget that since Uncharted 2, several developers are now switching to lead development on the PS3.

so the key thing is when this gen ends, i think if it ends in another 4 to 6 years (like the companies want) then the PS3 will make massive strides towards the other 2 consoles.

Around the Network

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

fwap said:

Exactly hahaha

What a joke that dude

This gen isn't going to last another 4 to 6 years. It's a fallacy to think that any of the hardware manufacturers would go a whole decade or more between console launches. They'd leave themselves open to one of the other manufacturers or an outside company releasing a cheap console that stumps them from a technical standpoint in everyway.

i don't think so,,,,,maybe 2016 or something but by then it doesn't matter at all cause we will be 3 -4 years into the next gen

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

This gen isn't going to last another 4 to 6 years. It's a fallacy to think that any of the hardware manufacturers would go a whole decade or more between console launches. They'd leave themselves open to one of the other manufacturers or an outside company releasing a cheap console that stumps them from a technical standpoint in everyway.

it does depend i think, microsoft want another 5 years, sonys console was always designed with the 10 year lifecycle. and if nintendo release another console they cut the life of the wii and compete with the other HD console in terms of price, i dont thats a position they want to be in - seeing as the price of the wii has been a major fator for it.

i mean if you look at the games we have now - theres no immediate concern for the improvement in the hardware side because games at the moment are visually and technically stunning.

the other thing is we're talking about this in a gaming community, but i think the general consumer thinks differently. because the consumer dosent care about the next gen, they'll buy a wii or ps3, or 360 and they'll use it until the next one comes out. the consumer at the moment isnt demanding new consoles, because the current consoles can do what they want for probabily another 4 to 6 years imo.

But the PS3 is already in first place, in your heart. Is this not enough?

Tease.

wow,  that is....... impossible.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Squilliam said:

PS3 has a chance at finishing in first place. I say: "Yes we can". 
Time will reveal all and  the PS3 may eventually sneak into first place. 

PS3beats360 said:
Squilliam said:

PS3 has a chance at finishing in first place. I say: "Yes we can". 
Time will reveal all and  the PS3 may eventually sneak into first place. 

It would require too many things to 'go the PS3's way' and it would happen long after anyone but a fanatic has stopped caring.

Tease.