By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [COD: Black Ops Wii] New Info! (Zombies, CC Support, Multiplayer)

ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

it's not looking good for Goldeneye(at ;east imo). i may pick this up first. kinsa dissapointed about only 5 on 5, but hey, everything else is really cool!

5 vs 5 worked well on MWR, I know The Conduit did 6 vs 6 but that was quite glitchy and buggy. I'm still picking up Goldeneye as well as COD:BO, I just know which I'll be spending most of my time with. I think they should have delayed Goldeneye, as with only 4 vs 4, no voice chat and a lack of co-op, it is clearly not going to be as complete a package as COD:BO.

I've not been this hyped for a game in a long time. I can't wait, I knew Treyarch wouldn't let us down.

PS: TX109, I love your knitted Link!

I don't think co-op works for GoldenEye in terms of the context of the game.You're a lone agent compared to being apart of a military unit or partnered up. You could have it just to have it but would it make sense in the  end? However what I would have liked is this Allies system that Black Ops is getting. It's unknown if GE will get any patching as well. Which will be more secure from hacks as well will be interesting to see because there is a good chance Black Ops on Wii could have hosted servers. Those are the two big issues that bother me. I would like it if was 5v5 instead of 4v4 but I've never really played 4v4 so not sure how much of a negative it really is.

Advertising budget will determine I think how well GE does in the end. Seeing no signs of one though at the moment.

Around the Network

Hmm...anyone who knows me will tell you I HATE ACTIVISION and I HATE WAR GAMES

But, there's just something I LOVE about the Wii and something I love about zombies. I would only ever get the Wii version (I ain't paying for online!) because I enjoy the pointer controls so, maybe...

...but Goldeneye First!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Guovssohas said:

What about patching, is this possible also this time?

Yes, patching was already confirmed by Treyarch. It was in the same interview they confirmed a headset was coming. Since patching is possible, you know what that means, right? Downloadable content is too! Notice in that interview, Anna says "ALL maps and game modes." I don't know about you, but I don't believe you can have all maps without DLC. See what I'm getting at? *cough*

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

NeoStar9 said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

it's not looking good for Goldeneye(at ;east imo). i may pick this up first. kinsa dissapointed about only 5 on 5, but hey, everything else is really cool!

5 vs 5 worked well on MWR, I know The Conduit did 6 vs 6 but that was quite glitchy and buggy. I'm still picking up Goldeneye as well as COD:BO, I just know which I'll be spending most of my time with. I think they should have delayed Goldeneye, as with only 4 vs 4, no voice chat and a lack of co-op, it is clearly not going to be as complete a package as COD:BO.

I've not been this hyped for a game in a long time. I can't wait, I knew Treyarch wouldn't let us down.

I don't think co-op works for GoldenEye in terms of the context of the game.You're a lone agent compared to being apart of a military unit or partnered up. You could have it just to have it but would it make sense in the  end? However what I would have liked is this Allies system that Black Ops is getting. It's unknown if GE will get any patching as well. Which will be more secure from hacks as well will be interesting to see because there is a good chance Black Ops on Wii could have hosted servers. Those are the two big issues that bother me. I would like it if was 5v5 instead of 4v4 but I've never really played 4v4 so not sure how much of a negative it really is.

Advertising budget will determine I think how well GE does in the end. Seeing no signs of one though at the moment.

4 vs 4 works ok, but it's nice to have the extra player count, not a deal breaker though I guess. If the maps on Goldeneye are well designed it wouldn't matter anyway. The other thing is the Ally system, allowing you to message people and add them is a really big inclusion - like in MH3. I also think it's important that Black Ops can be patched. Still, I will get both day of release.

ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

ill no doubt be getting both, but the question is which one first(since ill only have the money for one)?". im really looking at BO. im almost positive that Goldeneye will have a much better single player(even with the lack of online co-op) so there is one point fo goldeneye.

i have never played MWR so i wouldnt know about 5 vs 5 or aby of it's online, but i did play W@W like a fiend and, enen though that was only 4 vs 4, i had a ton of fun with that. Plus, the game has Zombies soooooo........

btw, thanks

Around the Network
TX109 said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

ill no doubt be getting both, but the question is which one first(since ill only have the money for one)?". im really looking at BO. im almost positive that Goldeneye will have a much better single player(even with the lack of online co-op) so there is one point fo goldeneye.

i have never played MWR so i wouldnt know about 5 vs 5 or aby of it's online, but i did play W@W like a fiend and, enen though that was only 4 vs 4, i had a ton of fun with that. Plus, the game has Zombies soooooo........

btw, thanks

If I had to choose one to get first I'd go for Black Ops all the way. I have spent over 200 hours on WAW and over 275 on MWR and can assure you there's a lot to them. I'm getting both on release, but Goldeneye will be more for the single player campaign and nostalgia. Black Ops has a lot more going for it, especially if you have friends you play with regularly - I can't wait for the Zombies.

well this is nice to hear!

ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

btw, thanks

If I had to choose one to get first I'd go for Black Ops all the way. I have spent over 200 hours on WAW and over 275 on MWR and can assure you there's a lot to them. I'm getting both on release, but Goldeneye will be more for the single player campaign and nostalgia. Black Ops has a lot more going for it, especially if you have friends you play with regularly - I can't wait for the Zombies.

I have over 500 hours on Reflex and I also plan on getting both Call of duty and Goldeneye. Hope to see some of you guys online for both games. Is someone planing a goldeneye and Black ops thread friend list when the games come out?

I had loads of fun with World at War multiplayer. Actually, I played that game more than 90 hours if my Wii is to be trusted. I missed out Reflex cause I got MW 2 for the PS3 for a change. But now I feel the urge to try it out and I would love to try Wii's Black Ops too, though my 2010 Wii FPS will be Golden Eye.

Im buying call of duty for my.... wii?  I think so haha I cant wait.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB