By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [COD: Black Ops Wii] New Info! (Zombies, CC Support, Multiplayer)

GianCarmen said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

it's not looking good for Goldeneye(at ;east imo). i may pick this up first. kinsa dissapointed about only 5 on 5, but hey, everything else is really cool!

5 vs 5 worked well on MWR, I know The Conduit did 6 vs 6 but that was quite glitchy and buggy. I'm still picking up Goldeneye as well as COD:BO, I just know which I'll be spending most of my time with. I think they should have delayed Goldeneye, as with only 4 vs 4, no voice chat and a lack of co-op, it is clearly not going to be as complete a package as COD:BO.

I've not been this hyped for a game in a long time. I can't wait, I knew Treyarch wouldn't let us down.

PS: TX109, I love your knitted Link!

ill no doubt be getting both, but the question is which one first(since ill only have the money for one)?". im really looking at BO. im almost positive that Goldeneye will have a much better single player(even with the lack of online co-op) so there is one point fo goldeneye.

i have never played MWR so i wouldnt know about 5 vs 5 or aby of it's online, but i did play W@W like a fiend and, enen though that was only 4 vs 4, i had a ton of fun with that. Plus, the game has Zombies soooooo........

btw, thanks

If I had to choose one to get first I'd go for Black Ops all the way. I have spent over 200 hours on WAW and over 275 on MWR and can assure you there's a lot to them. I'm getting both on release, but Goldeneye will be more for the single player campaign and nostalgia. Black Ops has a lot more going for it, especially if you have friends you play with regularly - I can't wait for the Zombies.

I have over 500 hours on Reflex and I also plan on getting both Call of duty and Goldeneye. Hope to see some of you guys online for both games. Is someone planing a goldeneye and Black ops thread friend list when the games come out?

Yeah, that would be good! 500 hours is a lot of gaming mate :). Reflex is such a great game though. I'm from the UK and I've got a bunch of mates who play together on Wii games regularly, you'd be welcome to join us.

Around the Network

This is truly great news. I have pre-ordered BOwii and Goldeneye.

See you on the battlefield Carmen!!

We need to start a BOwii gaming thread.

4 player Co-op Zombies online!?  Gawd damn it!  Now I have to get this too.    This is the best holiday line-up for Wii ever.

uno said:

This is truly great news. I have pre-ordered BOwii and Goldeneye.

See you on the battlefield Carmen!!

We need to start a BOwii gaming thread.

Hell yeah Uno. I can't wait to play both games with you. Its going to be a blast. Playing Reflex is starting to get old, but still a blast to play. We need a thread for both games.

Gamerace said:

4 player Co-op Zombies online!?  Gawd damn it!  Now I have to get this too.    This is the best holiday line-up for Wii ever.

It sure is gamerace. The Wii is kicking ass with software and its about damn time. lol Are you getting Goldeneye. It going to be a bitch going back and forth with both Black Ops and Goldeneye, but its going to be worth it. Cant wait to get Goldeneye tomorrow. 4 player Co-op Zombies online for Black Ops is going to be so kickass. I will have to get your friend codes for whichever game you get and for everybody else. What a year.

Around the Network
ZechsMerquise said:
GianCarmen said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:
ZechsMerquise said:
TX109 said:

it's not looking good for Goldeneye(at ;east imo). i may pick this up first. kinsa dissapointed about only 5 on 5, but hey, everything else is really cool!

5 vs 5 worked well on MWR, I know The Conduit did 6 vs 6 but that was quite glitchy and buggy. I'm still picking up Goldeneye as well as COD:BO, I just know which I'll be spending most of my time with. I think they should have delayed Goldeneye, as with only 4 vs 4, no voice chat and a lack of co-op, it is clearly not going to be as complete a package as COD:BO.

I've not been this hyped for a game in a long time. I can't wait, I knew Treyarch wouldn't let us down.

PS: TX109, I love your knitted Link!

ill no doubt be getting both, but the question is which one first(since ill only have the money for one)?". im really looking at BO. im almost positive that Goldeneye will have a much better single player(even with the lack of online co-op) so there is one point fo goldeneye.

i have never played MWR so i wouldnt know about 5 vs 5 or aby of it's online, but i did play W@W like a fiend and, enen though that was only 4 vs 4, i had a ton of fun with that. Plus, the game has Zombies soooooo........

btw, thanks

If I had to choose one to get first I'd go for Black Ops all the way. I have spent over 200 hours on WAW and over 275 on MWR and can assure you there's a lot to them. I'm getting both on release, but Goldeneye will be more for the single player campaign and nostalgia. Black Ops has a lot more going for it, especially if you have friends you play with regularly - I can't wait for the Zombies.

I have over 500 hours on Reflex and I also plan on getting both Call of duty and Goldeneye. Hope to see some of you guys online for both games. Is someone planing a goldeneye and Black ops thread friend list when the games come out?

Yeah, that would be good! 500 hours is a lot of gaming mate :). Reflex is such a great game though. I'm from the UK and I've got a bunch of mates who play together on Wii games regularly, you'd be welcome to join us.

Yea when the time comes, i will join in with you guys.

GianCarmen said:
Gamerace said:

It sure is gamerace. The Wii is kicking ass with software and its about damn time. lol Are you getting Goldeneye. It going to be a bitch going back and forth with both Black Ops and Goldeneye, but its going to be worth it. Cant wait to get Goldeneye tomorrow. 4 player Co-op Zombies online for Black Ops is going to be so kickass. I will have to get your friend codes for whichever game you get and for everybody else. What a year.

Well I was... Now I don't know.  I only have so much time to play and money to burn.   I'm not that great at FPS (not anymore anyway...  at one time I rocked Unreal Tournament) and don't have enough time to play to ever really get good so I'll just get my butt handed to me all the time online.   Still fun but coop zombie mode sounds like more fun.  Goldeneye may have just gotten bounced out of my 2010 purchases.

Man, do I want online 4 player co-op, or the option for local split screen gaming with an awesome character list more?  For many of you the choice is probably obvious between the two, but I'm old school and imo nothing compares to having your buddies in the same room shooting each other in the face.  Plus some of my buddies probably won't get Black Ops.  I can't afford both this month.  Decisions, decisions.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

GianCarmen said:
Gamerace said:

There aren't any friend codes for Black Ops, instead it has the "Allies System," which is basically the "Rivals System" found in games like Conduit 2, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, and Metroid: Hunters. All you have to do is label them as your Ally (and, of course, they have to approve your request) and you are labeled friends. You can talk to randoms in Black Ops anyway, no matter if they are on your friends list or not. You can also send a text message to other players in Black Ops, no matter if they are on your friends list or not.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

^that is not what she said, she said you can add people to allies online, meaning recent people you have played with. Voice chat will be with friends, but you can text message people who are on your friends and allies list. This  text messaging might be quick pre-made messages or full keyboard support, we do not know. I do not think you will be able to voice chat with just anyone, that will be Conduit 2.