By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outship the X360 by the end of the 4th quarter? Oh yeh

dont use old model to compared S model,the S model didn't price cut,thats all

Around the Network
scat398 said:
kingofwale said:

i find that people claiming 'shortages' and 'overships' absolutely ridiculous.

are you going to tell me only 400K xboxs are sitting on the shelf WORLDWIDE while 1.4 million PS3 are doing the same??

Come on!!!

those terms have always been used for people to justify their inaccurate numbers instead of just doing adjustment. But hey, whatever float their boats.

Actually the expanded base of countries that sony ships too supports the numbers above.  It's not an overship or shortage issue.  Sony's pipeline of countries that need supply is larger than that of MS.

how many countries did Sony sell in but Microsoft don't? And you actually really feel it has 1 million more consoles (more than 3 times of Microsoft?)

we are talking about countries who won't sell 1 million PS3 units in its LD

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Oh old revivied thread...

Well we now know the answer to this.

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Gilgamesh said:

I believe it's going to happen now that we really seen the numbers and what Move has done, the PS3 is selling number one and is looking to be the number one console for the Holidays. If GT5 releases this year which it should sales are really going to explode.

Sure the PS3 will probably not pass the X360 in actual sold numbers but shipped? I think so.

(I think this meant this year, i.e. 2010, but never mind. Here's my view for this year)

I think it will be close, yes. 

But let's not forget about the two new handhelds coming out as well. That'll no doubt kill off potential sales for all consoles, therefore the gap will stabilise

And who would have predicted that the PS3 would sell so poorly WHEN COMPARED TO WII AND 360? Very few people, no doubt

I'm not saying it's impossible, but, it's certainly unlikely. None of the consoles are beating the other at the moment, so we'll have to see who strikes first. My guess would be Nintendo. Then the rest would play catch-up. But it'll be an interesting year...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

But the gap decreased even with Kinect... check the numbers.

VGC GAP (31th Dec 2009): 4.9m
VGC GAP (31th Dec 2010): 4.0m

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

Interesting, because looking at the charts shows that there wasn't a single week where the PS3 was above the 360 in the past 12-13.

The gap will be back above 5mil this time next year, I reckon

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

Interesting, because looking at the charts shows that there wasn't a single week where the PS3 was above the 360 in the past 12-13.

Are you kidding?  Because after adjustments PS3 just lost 4-5 weeks in the holidays (and two in Reach and Kinect launch)... won everthing else in 2010.

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

Are you kidding?  Because after adjustments PS3 just lost 4-5 weeks in the holidays (and two in Reach and Kinect launch)... won everthing else in 2010.

Perhaps, but this year it's too close to call just yet. Maybe it won't go above 5 mil, but I don't see it going any lower...

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

Perhaps, but this year it's too close to call just yet. Maybe it won't go above 5 mil, but I don't see it going any lower...

I agree... this year could be the closest year ever.

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Kinect pwned, gap grew.

I agree... this year could be the closest year ever.

As I've already said, who dares wins. Whoever makes the move at the right time i.e. right announcement, price cut, game release, will go away as the victor, just as the Wii did in the holiday last year