By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii is doomezd

the wii isnt doing as well as it did some Months ago, but ... orly? there are 75m Wii's sold rite now, there's still a huge gap between Wii - PS360, and if they somehow make it to that number, their sales will go lower too, since there arent infinite Customers.

Its not like the sales are a revolution. lol.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Were you as drunk as me? Wii is the best seling system by 14M that is saying something!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Yes, but Michael Pachter is predicting a huge holiday season for the Wii. So it is, in fact, doomed.

Above: still the best game of the year.

You're wrong, Wii's never been doomezd, the correct term is d0med.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I really don´t get all the doomed bs people say about any console. I mean I wouln´d care if nintendo was in third place as long as they can profit and survive in the console business

I really felt like they were going to leave the home console business close to the end of last gen. And people thought the wii was going to sell really bad. If anything the wii already sold close to 3 times more than what I expected it to.

Even analists thought it would do poorly. some thought it was going to sell 11 million tops in America by 2011 http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/17/another-analyst-another-prediction-ps3-on-top-in-2011/ and it has already sold more than double of that.

So I think it did wonderfull. and to repeat myself, I don´t care if it was third as long as nintendo can profit to keep making consoles. 

I tell you the day I can´t play a Mario game on a Nintendo console is the day I stop gaming. I just love nintendo so much and it would kill me if I couldn´t see them make a console anymore

To quote Khuutra, "People be all up in a tizzy" when it comes to console sales. It's normal, it happens, and it'll continue into the unforseeable future. And everyone does it, doesn't matter if you're all in a tizzy for Wii sales, 360 sales, PS3 sales, etc. etc. People like to see their console of choice do well (no harm in that), and once in a while we'll get people who like to see consoles they don't like not do well (I find harm in that).

So yeah, congrats to the PS3 and the success that Move has brought it. All I see is another reason that Motion Controls are here to stay, and are no longer some fad useful for only one console, sent to disappear after this generation is over. People love 'em, and we'll continue to see Motion gaming grow and evolve before our eyes.

So yeah, don't mind Toastboy's 10th thread about how Wii's in trouble, celebrate the fact that it's been such a huge success in the industry and continues to sell incredibly well (saw a 40% rise in sales this week, so that's a great sign). Celebrate the fact that we're getting some awesome games to play this holiday (dibs on Epic Mickey!). And celebrate that it's a great time to be a gamer. ^_^

Smeags said:

So yeah, don't mind Toastboy's 10th thread about how Wii's in trouble, celebrate the fact that it's been such a huge success in the industry and continues to sell incredibly well (saw a 40% rise in sales this week, so that's a great sign). Celebrate the fact that we're getting some awesome games to play this holiday (dibs on Epic Mickey!). And celebrate that it's a great time to be a gamer. ^_^

i dont even have a wii (anymore, but when it gets another price cut, i am in again, for games like epic Mickey for example.. or Kirbey), but yep, thats what i wanted to tell in a whole.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

i dont even have a wii (anymore, but when it gets another price cut, i am in again, for games like epic Mickey for example.. or Kirbey), but yep, thats what i wanted to tell in a whole.

Yeah, when I took a look at your sig I knew that Wii wasn't going to be your main console of choice. That said, I think it's really cool how you made this thread. People aren't used to seeing fans "from other consoles" (as that's what its pretty much become... we like to make sides and draw lines, but that's the console war for ya. ) support another console (which is why Nintendogamer thought you were drunk lol!).

Much respect man. ^_^

It isn't because I predicted it wouldn't! I clearly have high hopes for the Wii based that I had the highest Wii holiday prediction...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*