By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Holy shit at ps3, wtf i don´t understand anything lol.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

So, if I got this right.. Technically, the PS3 didn't sell all these units THIS week, it's merely compensating from the apparent undertracking throughout previous weeks?

No, it sold that much on this week. If you see other weeks, you will see new numbers for PS3 already. Check out the last couple of weeks for an example.

Also, ioi stated they increased PS3 numbers for the last 2 years in EMEAA specially on some smaller markets because of shipment numbers. Plus, theu adjusted up last few weeks because of GFK numbers, seems like VGC undertracked PS3 lately because of Move.

Wow... That's VERY badly undertracked if true.. I don't know what to think about this site anymore :/

Bear in mind that EMEAA isn't just europe, it covers the emerging markets as well which to be fair to VGC is very difficult to track to the extent that no one else actually bothers. There is likely to be mistakes in these cases and they've admitted fault by making the adjustments and will hopefully have a better understanding of these markets in the future

kowenicki said:
FF_Fanatic said:

so that x360s effect didn't last long did it?? woot at ps3 sales and this is our revenge for people trolling so long on ps3, now learn something new, never under-estimate the power of the ps3!!

edit: i want points for being right about ps3 sales!!

Now this is the kind of garbage I am talking about... 

The 360s is doing fine...  the PS3 has just done better than was previously reported here.  WHY does this have to  be about putting the 360 down?

really bro, as if there was no putting the ps3 down before the adjustments came, it's just what fans do.

Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

So, if I got this right.. Technically, the PS3 didn't sell all these units THIS week, it's merely compensating from the apparent undertracking throughout previous weeks?

No, it sold that much on this week. If you see other weeks, you will see new numbers for PS3 already. Check out the last couple of weeks for an example.

Also, ioi stated they increased PS3 numbers for the last 2 years in EMEAA specially on some smaller markets because of shipment numbers. Plus, theu adjusted up last few weeks because of GFK numbers, seems like VGC undertracked PS3 lately because of Move.

Wow... That's VERY badly undertracked if true.. I don't know what to think about this site anymore :/

Bear in mind that EMEAA isn't just europe, it covers the emerging markets as well which to be fair to VGC is very difficult to track to the extent that no one else actually bothers. There is likely to be mistakes in these cases and they've admitted fault by making the adjustments and will hopefully have a better understanding of these markets in the future

Sure, I get that. What I don't understand though is why the hell PS3 seems to be the only consonle affected by taking these new markets into account? Is it simply the only console available there or something? I just don't get it..

Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

Sure, I get that. What I don't understand though is why the hell PS3 seems to be the only consonle affected by taking these new markets into account? Is it simply the only console available there or something? I just don't get it..

I can't say for sure, but it seems like Sony is trying hard to establish Playstation brand over these countries, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. 

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

I can't say for sure, but it seems like Sony is trying hard to establish Playstation brand over these countries, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. 

360 is officially sold in 35 countries. PS3 going by PSN regions is closer to 60 countries. Not sure about Nintendo

RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

Hmm, that pretty lame then, cause that essentially means PS3 is just going to win every week by an overwhelming amount from here on out, just from the sheer amount of countries the console is available in compared to the other two. Just doesn't seem fair.. But I guess that's business :/

Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

If I'm not mistaken, the PlayStation brand is the strongest out of the three in those regions, and as such, it's obviously going to be the only one with a notable effect.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

Sony's distribution system are bigger than those of Nintendo or Microsoft (that's the reason for the PS2 sucess: it sold in markets never before reached). They can easily sell and market in fro example 3 world countries for that,  that's why you can see a great increase in EMAA.

Above: still the best game of the year.

CGI-Quality said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

Hmm, that pretty lame then, cause that essentially means PS3 is just going to win every week by an overwhelming amount from here on out, just from the sheer amount of countries the console is available in compared to the other two. Just doesn't seem fair.. But I guess that's business :/

Unfair? Sony has reached out to countries Nintendo and Microsft haven't.

I have to agree with you on this, why is that unfair??

Also, other people at countries that doesn't officially have Wii or Xbox 360 can import their console, so inflating the userbase from USA or Japan, for example.

What's going on is, going by VGC actual numbers, that PS3 is selling very well worldwide.