By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darthdevidem01 said:

@People saying its unfair PS3 gets to be sold in those countries

Its not unfair.... because SONY has made an effort to sell PS3 there.

Its as fair as PS3's high price compared to competitors is.

By unfair I simply mean the sales aren't truely a measure of popularity, but rather of availability.

Around the Network

Fairness doesn't come into it. Sony is using one of their strengths being in other hardware businesses, as Nintendo and Microsoft also do. It's not like it has a negative impact on the industry (like moneyhatting).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

CGI-Quality said:
Metallicube said:
darthdevidem01 said:

By unfair I simply mean the sales aren't truely a measure of popularity, but rather of availability.

Again, that's no fault of Sony's.

Didn't say it was. I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

Metallicube said:

As a PS3 hater this is a dark time in gaming for me indeed :'(

Until the time is right, disappear, I will!

Well, this holidays are going to be awesome and exciting. I still think Wii will come on top, but Microsoft have Kineck and Sony may have GT5. Everything can change really quickly, and that's exactly why this season is going to be exciting. 

CGI-Quality said:
Metallicube said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Again, that's no fault of Sony's.

tbh, i dont know how those sales in undertracked regions contributed to the PS3 sales. but i dont think it can be that high, i think a lot of the sales still come from mainland Europe. however i could be wrong - its just a thought...

Around the Network
BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

what is most sad about this is that now gafers wont stop saying VGC is bs and they lost alot of credibility...

yea im surprised by this! you can only do your best and thats all VGCHARTZ has done! its not easy to track the sells of the hole world?

Metallicube said:

As a PS3 hater this is a dark time in gaming for me indeed :'(

Until the time is right, disappear, I will!

We shall retreat for our cave indeed Metalicube, until DK Returns surfaces and we shall come back.

Above: still the best game of the year.

darthdevidem01 said:

So this means price doesn't has much to do with whos the best seller?

Above: still the best game of the year.

BeLiKeCLuTcH said:
Tridrakious said:

................O......................PS3 almost sold 250k for the week.......GT5 will crown PS3 as the winner for holiday 2010.

In EMEAA no doubt... In Americs no chance... and in Japan i dont know.

Well America's I think will be close, with 360 winning.

EMEAA will be dominated by PS3.

Japan is going to go PS3 as well. Move and GT5 will be strong enough to hold off the Wii.

In my opinion this is the beginning of the end for 360's momentum. Kinect will be impactful, but I think the expectations are to high, that it won't live up to what people imagine.

first hi to everyone and Congratz to the ps3.here here well done.secondly i am a fan of the xbox360,but a game fan first.

someone in here mentioned that the ps2s penitration into other uncounted markets helped the ps3 to it,s continuing outselling of it,s competiors worldwide.that my friends is a half truth,it was in fact the ps1 that holds that honour.u see where i live in the caribbean(third world as people would call it).

in the ps1 era alot of 3rd world people were aware of it,s coming onto the world scene,and so bought alot of ps1 by either getting relatives to purchase it fro the usa,uk etc etc,and asia.at that time in my island of BARBADOS the ratio here was about 80-20 in terms of userbase in favour of the ps1.

it was king here and in many other islands in the caribbean.and it only snowballed with the ps2 and now the ps3.the markets that sony have sown the seed of unaccounted for marketshare is maturing significantly.and from now on it will be even harder tro track the ps3 as it is the small growing unaccounted markets like mine that will always keep the ps3 sony braned alive and growing when the competitors current gen devices have become obsolete,as their userbase has moved on to the next big thing,

the ps3 will still be selling and growing in marketshare well into the next gen and beyondddddd.all i want to say now is congratz to sony for a job well doneand what a master stroke you have played with your planting of seeds of marketshare in places where nintendo and microsoft have not been interested in pursuing,my hat goes off to you you are the true king of the hill. peace. 

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)