By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What caused the boost in EMEA for PS3?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

So what counries does PS3 sell that Xbox doesnt or wii ??

CGI-Quality said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

So, if I got this right.. Technically, the PS3 didn't sell all these units THIS week, it's merely compensating from the apparent undertracking throughout previous weeks?

No, it sold that much on this week. If you see other weeks, you will see new numbers for PS3 already. Check out the last couple of weeks for an example.

Also, ioi stated they increased PS3 numbers for the last 2 years in EMEAA specially on some smaller markets because of shipment numbers. Plus, theu adjusted up last few weeks because of GFK numbers, seems like VGC undertracked PS3 lately because of Move.

Wow... That's VERY badly undertracked if true.. I don't know what to think about this site anymore :/

Bear in mind that EMEAA isn't just europe, it covers the emerging markets as well which to be fair to VGC is very difficult to track to the extent that no one else actually bothers. There is likely to be mistakes in these cases and they've admitted fault by making the adjustments and will hopefully have a better understanding of these markets in the future

Sure, I get that. What I don't understand though is why the hell PS3 seems to be the only consonle affected by taking these new markets into account? Is it simply the only console available there or something? I just don't get it..

I can't say for sure, but it seems like Sony is trying hard to establish Playstation brand over these countries, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. 

Hmm, that pretty lame then, cause that essentially means PS3 is just going to win every week by an overwhelming amount from here on out, just from the sheer amount of countries the console is available in compared to the other two. Just doesn't seem fair.. But I guess that's business :/

Unfair? Sony has reached out to countries Nintendo and Microsoft haven't.

And not to mention things like

Price is way higher in comparison to the alternatives

Started the race a year late

If THOSE aren't unfair, no one has room to complain..sony spent time/money on this and it's paying them off, simple as that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

bannedagain said:
Reasonable said:
bannedagain said:
BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

You guys need to calm down... Ps3 had a GREAT time with Fifa 11 like exclusive and Move boost... Now its 360 time to shine with Black Ops and Kinect... Lets see what happens!

Some of u look like stupid kids wanting attention...

Kinect is going to change the tide I think. I give it to sony, closing up the gap. The gap I think is going to grow again due to kinect. The new numbers show the gap at 3.9 million.

I also think kinect can open the door to japan, that is a market that needs to be tapped buy MS.

That extra 20,000 sony and wii get is small but Big in the end. 2,000 that MS gets is not helping and needs to start a new trend.

Kinect could give 360 a big boost in US, but I think outside of US the result will be patchier.  I really doubt it's going to suddenly swing a region which hated the Xbox and only grudgingly bought more of the 360 because MS managed to get some local jRPGs locked in as timed exclusives.  In Europe it'll definately give a boost, too, but it will probably be in regions already more accepting of the 360 already.

I think overall, with Move seeming to be much more popular in EMEA than initially thought, and with GT5 (probably) about to launch the gap will remain roughly the same.

I just don't see Kinect suddenly swinging things back to 360, particularly in light of the adjustments which have shown just how well PS3 has really be doing.

yea they do hate american products. On another note though they do love interactive games. Kinect Might be right up there on there list.

What if apple did buy sony, what would the japan out come be then? It won't happen but just a thought.

I still think MS is going to have an issue with Kinect regarding size.  Kinect itself is actually fairly big and as I said, while it should work fine in similar condition to Wii, from the tone on articles, etc. on more Japanese centric sites the idea Kinect may not work well in smaller rooms does seem to have taken root.

Now, if the Japanese do like it it'll sell great - I just don't buy the whole they don't buy US console, crap.  They simply buy stuff that appeals locally and confirms locally to notions of size, appearance, reliability, etc.

But... I just don't see any sign that they'll go nuts for Kinect.  Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:

I still think MS is going to have an issue with Kinect regarding size.  Kinect itself is actually fairly big and as I said, while it should work fine in similar condition to Wii, from the tone on articles, etc. on more Japanese centric sites the idea Kinect may not work well in smaller rooms does seem to have taken root.

Now, if the Japanese do like it it'll sell great - I just don't buy the whole they don't buy US console, crap.  They simply buy stuff that appeals locally and confirms locally to notions of size, appearance, reliability, etc.

But... I just don't see any sign that they'll go nuts for Kinect.  Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

Indeed, a very common misconception/excuse. One only has to take a look at Apple's products...or McDonalds...or even Crash Bandicoot back during the PS1 era. And those are only a few examples.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

How has the PS3 has such a sales bump with no major release? I wasnt expecting that until the week GT5 came out. Also not quite has the Wii has overtaken the Xbox 360 either.

So basically PS3 is going to win every week now.. Sweet :/

darthdevidem01 said:
Skeeuk said:

in other news 360 is likely to get ahead with kinect launch

yeah I agree

If MOVE had such a big effect in EU I can only imagine what Kinect is gonna do, especially with the rumored huge marketing campaign.

Enjoy it while you can.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

As a PS3 hater this is a dark time in gaming for me indeed :'(

Until the time is right, disappear, I will!

@People saying its unfair PS3 gets to be sold in those countries

Its not unfair.... because SONY has made an effort to sell PS3 there.

Its as fair as PS3's high price compared to competitors is.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey