By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Metallicube said:

So, if I got this right.. Technically, the PS3 didn't sell all these units THIS week, it's merely compensating from the apparent undertracking throughout previous weeks?

No, it sold that much on this week. If you see other weeks, you will see new numbers for PS3 already. Check out the last couple of weeks for an example.

Also, ioi stated they increased PS3 numbers for the last 2 years in EMEAA specially on some smaller markets because of shipment numbers. Plus, theu adjusted up last few weeks because of GFK numbers, seems like VGC undertracked PS3 lately because of Move.

Around the Network

yes, good legs for both of them

360 has the exclusive bundle with black ops in US like last year? If so a few (100-200k) hardware will come with it

CGI-Quality said:
BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

You guys need to calm down... Ps3 had a GREAT time with Fifa 11 like exclusive and Move boost... Now its 360 time to shine with Black Ops and Kinect... Lets see what happens!

Some of u look like stupid kids wanting attention...

Black Ops? lol.....I doubt it does much, if anything, for either HD console.

And calling people stupid is against site rules, just so you know.

Black Ops will give the 360 a bigger boost than MW2 did. New redesigned 360 with a big name COD title = system sales. I've already heard from multiple people buying a 360 because of the redesign and Black Ops.

BeLiKeCLuTcH said:

what is most sad about this is that now gafers wont stop saying VGC is bs and they lost alot of credibility...

I do think they lost alot of credibility and someone needs to come out and formally explain the mix up. Not in a forum comment either, A article on why this is a mess and why the numbers are all over the place.  I know it is a hard job but in a job when the company f'ed-up they have to explain there actions.

Personally I've been sticking by there side and must insert foot into mouth now.

Can anyone tell me why the PS3 is up so much this week in the PAL-region?

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

So, if I got this right.. Technically, the PS3 didn't sell all these units THIS week, it's merely compensating from the apparent undertracking throughout previous weeks?

No, it sold that much on this week. If you see other weeks, you will see new numbers for PS3 already. Check out the last couple of weeks for an example.

Also, ioi stated they increased PS3 numbers for the last 2 years in EMEAA specially on some smaller markets because of shipment numbers. Plus, theu adjusted up last few weeks because of GFK numbers, seems like VGC undertracked PS3 lately because of Move.

Wow... That's VERY badly undertracked if true.. I don't know what to think about this site anymore :/

................O......................PS3 almost sold 250k for the week.......GT5 will crown PS3 as the winner for holiday 2010.

Tridrakious said:

................O......................PS3 almost sold 250k for the week.......GT5 will crown PS3 as the winner for holiday 2010.

In EMEAA no doubt... In Americs no chance... and in Japan i dont know.

Metallicube said:
RafaelOrix said:
Metallicube said:

Wow... That's VERY badly undertracked if true.. I don't know what to think about this site anymore :/

Well, honestly, tracking new markets is an incredible hard task to do and we also have PS Move now, which must be hard to track also. I respect a lot the people that bring us the numbers here at VGC, it must be really hard, and they can always improve their tracking.

Tridrakious said:

I really don't think with low pre-orders and constant delays this will happen. Kinect is hugh as well and that is going to be what sells the holiday season.   Moms that watched oprah or Ellen Degeneres.