By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should PS3 be adjusted up?

Should PS3 be adjusted up?

No 81 25.96%

Yes 231 74.04%

Total:312

Console PS3 X360
Total

Total sales until September 2010, at least this is what has VGC as sold until then.

Now let's see the shipped numbers until September 2010:

Console PS3 X360
Shipped

The difference between PS3 sold and shipped is : 3,085,441

And for the X360 the difference between them is : 910,351

I think that everyone will agree that there's a huge problem here. Of course that PS3 will be adjusted up so stop bitching about it now, because 3 M on shelves is simply not possible retailers would not buy PS3 anymore if it was the case...

@ Jadedx -> you're trying to escape from the trap you set by yourself. You said something stu*** and TROFLOLY and now you're trying to explain yourself.

You should just stop imho, because if what you say about the shipping process is really what you think, then you should go back to school or I dunno, do something about it. When retailers order 40 000 PS3 and 45 000 X360, Sony will ship 40 000 PS3 and Microsoft will ship 45 000 X360, if it wasn't the case we will see reports of X360 stock shortages or shipping issues due to high demand and low production. Have you seen any of these recently? No. See how it works now?

And I think we should stop answering to those who still say that "SONY OVERSHIPZ OMAGUD!" because they'll just continue, they're like attention wh***s =D

Around the Network

Sure this will be ignored,but will mention anyway.  Over a year ago Sony said in one of thier reports that they count items as shipped as soon as they are ordered.  So if BestBuy (or anyone else for that matter) placed a order on September 30th for PS3s that have not even been manufactured yet Sony reports it as shipped.  Shipped really should  be called sold.  This isnt an uncommon accounting practice.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Where are these PS3's going?

There are independent sources (VGC, NPD, Media Create, GfK,...) in a lot of countries whose numbers match up well. Does anyone have ideas on what untracked regions these PS3's are going to or how are so many tracking services are off on just the PS3?

Or could Sony have some surprise coming, that they actually kept a secrete this time, that is going to require a lot of stock, like say a price cut for Christmas?

Thoughts?

billsalias said:

There are independent sources (VGC, NPD, Media Create, GfK,...) in a lot of countries whose numbers match up well. Does anyone have ideas on what untracked regions these PS3's are going to or how are so many tracking services are off on just the PS3?

Or could Sony have some surprise coming, that they actually kept a secrete this time, that is going to require a lot of stock, like say a price cut for Christmas?

Thoughts?

Middle East, Asia, South America etc...

billsalias said:

Thoughts?

Their PS3 numbers and VGChartz don't match up well actually considering the data we got today from GFK.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

With all adjustments! (Ps3 actually needs adjustment in Europe, as nintendo kindly pointed out with the help of some charts from GFK), I think most of them should come after Christmas. After Q3 results....

darthdevidem01 said:
billsalias said:

Thoughts?

Their PS3 numbers and VGChartz don't match up well actually considering the data we got today from GFK.

Courtesey of Ninty btw. Even Sony's competition say that PS3  numbers are undertracked lol

Cunning_Linguist said:
darthdevidem01 said:
billsalias said:

Thoughts?

Courtesey of Ninty btw. Even Sony's competition say that PS3  numbers are undertracked lol

I pointed it out to Darth! Nintendo the provider of knowledge!

Acevil said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
darthdevidem01 said:
billsalias said:

Thoughts?

Ah so you did, my bad. Teach me for not refreshing the page after went to make a cuppa.

Don't know why Sony don't just quote GFK themselves when they throw numbers out. Would stop a lot of the "overshipped" crap

Cunning_Linguist said:
Acevil said:
Cunning_Linguist said:
darthdevidem01 said:
billsalias said:

Thoughts?

Ah so you did, my bad. Teach me for not refreshing the page after went to make a cuppa.

Don't know why Sony don't just quote GFK themselves when they throw numbers out. Would stop a lot of the "overshipped" crap

Well I pointed it out more so on his wall. :P In this thread I just pointed it out to everyone! Sony hasn't don't regional release for a long time. It is kind of lame like that.