By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GamePro: The 36 Best PS2 Games

Were the hell was FFX and Dark Chronicle (DC2) and Dragon Quest VIII. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

Well, at least, I agree with their number 1.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

no Persona 3 or Persona 4 in the top 36?  that just makes me sad, especially when you consider the list had FFX-2 on it.

FF X-2 is a better game than persona. :P At least you get to play in less than 3 hours or so...

yeah, right after the J-pop scene and the Chalie's Angels pose.  Ugh.  I will agree that the battle mechanics were good but the storyline was just horrendous.

Storyline was no worse than on persona. :P

Antabus said:
Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

no Persona 3 or Persona 4 in the top 36?  that just makes me sad, especially when you consider the list had FFX-2 on it.

FF X-2 is a better game than persona. :P At least you get to play in less than 3 hours or so...

yeah, right after the J-pop scene and the Chalie's Angels pose.  Ugh.  I will agree that the battle mechanics were good but the storyline was just horrendous.

see now I don't even believe you've played any of the games we're talking about.

Antabus said:
Torillian said:

I'm gonna disagree and I'm probably the biggest FFX-2 fan on this site, I liked FFX-2 Better because it was a lot more fun for me... but the story was a lot better in Persona 3:FES :P imo.

you have your opinion though.

no one wins!

Around the Network

I'd rather see Nocturne than P3/4 up there tbh.

Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

see now I don't even believe you've played any of the games we're talking about.

Do you think that everyone likes those Japanese storylines? Especially persona-series?

ishiki said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

I'm gonna disagree and I'm probably the biggest FFX-2 fan on this site, I liked FFX-2 Better because it was a lot more fun for me... but the story was a lot better in Persona 3:FES :P imo.

you have your opinion though.

no one wins!

Yeah, good for you if you happen to like that kind of stuff. For me both of those stories are just annoyance.

ugh God of War I in the top 10.

Other hack'n'slash games must have been terrible at that time.

Antabus said:
Torillian said:
Antabus said:

Do you think that everyone likes those Japanese storylines? Especially persona-series?

I think that most people would tell you after objectively looking at both that Persona 4 had a far better story than FFX-2, but that's not saying much.