By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GamePro: The 36 Best PS2 Games

darthdevidem01 said:

ewww GTA:SA is too low

Should be number 1!

And why is FF12 on it and not FF10 lol

MGS2 and MGs3 are wayyy too lowwww

you should make your sig all one picture!

FFX-2's on it at 17...

I'm like the biggest fan of X-2 on this site... but there's no way in hell it should be on it ahead of X

Around the Network
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Should be number 1!

FFX-2's on it at 17...

I'm like the biggest fan of X-2 on this site... but there's no way in hell it should be on it ahead of X

In X-2's description they say they liked it more than X

Still the worst thing about the list is that GTA:San Andreas isn't #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Should be number 1!

FFX-2's on it at 17...

In X-2's description they say they liked it more than X

Still the worst thing about the list is that GTA:San Andreas isn't #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait they did, that's a weird viewpoint I've never seen before... (And I have a weird one). Though their statements besides it being better than FFX, I agree with pretty much :P

because they played it on PC and it's way better :P And it's still not better than X,X-2 or MGS2 :P

Just to annoy everyone.

• 17.Final Fantasy X-2

Don't let the tweeny, hyper-sugary Japanese pop music fool you. Final Fantasy X-2 was a vast improvement on its more traditional forerunner, and it was easily one of Square's most entertaining games by a long shot. Even the random battles were less of a hassle, although most male, red-blooded Final Fantasy fans were probably happy just changing Yuna's Dresspheres. We never had more fun drooling over the slick graphics, revamped equipment system and sexy ladies' outfits. Rowr.

hatmoza said:

Vice City, my favorite GTA game of all time. As for Andreas, I just couldn't relate to it, thus hated it.

I played and loved 7 of those games.

Hated Sand andreas, never played Okami, and FFXII was decent.

It's kinda weird how I hated Vice City but loved San Andreas XD (I got to the project boobs mission in VC but it didn't prompt me for another mission so I quit the game.)

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
hatmoza said:

Vice City, my favorite GTA game of all time. As for Andreas, I just couldn't relate to it, thus hated it.

It's kinda weird how I hated Vice City but loved San Andreas XD (I got to the project boobs mission in VC but it didn't prompt me for another mission so I quit the game.)

Vice City was decent, I agree San Andreas was pure awesomness in every way imaginable!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Snesboy said:
hatmoza said:

Vice City was decent, I agree San Andreas was pure awesomness in every way imaginable!!!!

I think I love you. I'm currently replaying it on PC and it plays/looks/feels better than sex.

darthdevidem01 said:
Snesboy said:
hatmoza said:

and it had! (below). Though Vice City had Ray Liotta, I couldn't really relate to either, wasn't really trying to.

leatherhat said:

Wrong. All wrong. Where is the God hand, where is the FFX?

I can't believe I'm saying this... I actually agree with you. I don't really care about FFX, but God Hand is one of the greatest PS2 games ever made.

Tales of the Abyss is also on my list. But I guess that's what's great about the PS2. A very diverse library that appealed to just about everyone.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I know it's GamePro's list, and they can do whatever the Hell they want with it, but Vice City over San Andreas? Really?

Sure, 1980s Miami might be is more fundamentally interesting than South Central L.A. in the 1990s, and VC's humor, soundtrack and storyline are (in my opinion) superior to SA's.

But that's about it. The targeting system is vastly improved in San Andreas, there's more vehicles, weapons, variety, etc. And above all, the game is just huge. 

Anywayyyy... Overall, a nice list.