By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

amir khan fighting tonight in las vegas

come on the geordies,city joint top today and blackpool win again good stuff from holloway shows you that if these so called lesser teams actually try and play football rather than damage limitation they get more points for their troubles

next ashes test next week too can't wait

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

I'm going to try and bump up my sport talk thread,i mean one place to talk sport has a chance right

so if you like test cricket sri lanka have a test left and India visiting next which should be good,football transfrers,rugby world cup is coming although not sure when,haye is fighting klitchko soon(not sure how to spell his name) and especially Formula 1 i love that a great win from button with valencia up next and the new silverstone soon maybe there is one in between too,does anyone like moto gp i catch that sometimes too

unfortunately i don't get to see baseball over here anymore we used to get a game aweek on normal tv but they took it away,i do like baseball and nfl

anyway feel free to chat about whatever sport you want,i wonder if this thread is in the sport section ican't use the filter function from a ps3 and great to have my topics back we can actually find old stuff again easily

Above & Beyond

So the NFL season is cancelled huh? I'm not an American Football fan so it doesn't matter to me.

AdventWolf said:
So the NFL season is cancelled huh? I'm not an American Football fan so it doesn't matter to me.

has it actually been cancelled then,i don't get that news over here,i didn't think the nfl started until october won't they sort it out by then

Above & Beyond

AdventWolf said:

No, it hasn't been cancelled.  If we get into mid-July without the two sides coming to a deal, then it is time to worry about the season getting shortened.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

anynoe interested in wimbledon i saw a couple of good ladies matches dokic and shiavone was good,shame about dokic she could cause trouble if she had been around,

the porto coach resigned so have chelsea paid a fee for him if he does go there,no big transfers yet really are there

Above & Beyond

Every time I think of cricket I think of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFYFKaoNlE&feature=youtu.be>

Anyways, I like to play basketball still.  I would really like to get into a rec league for soccer again but just haven't had time nor found any cheap adult rec leagues where I live. 

I only like to watch college football now.  Baseball is too boring for me to watch anymore (used to play and love to watch baseball when I was young).  Soccer (even though it is my favorite sport (played for at least 10+ years) I don't really care to watch it on TV.  I was getting into the English Premier League awhile ago but I don't have cable and stopped hanging out with "friend" that I used to watch it with.  Tennis (maybe I'll watch the girls play and stare at their asses for a little).  Golf (wake me up when it is over, played a little real golf awhile ago and it is a lot more fun than watching).   Basketball they completely turned it into a pussy sport and favor the super stars way too much on foul calls now (even more than Jordan era).   I hate the refs in basketball and the way they call fouls now.  I don't even watch live TV anymore (at least not at home, Netflix all the way!, and I refuse to pay for overprice cable) so my watching is limited to when I go over to friends, family, etc...

sethnintendo said:

Every time I think of cricket I think of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFYFKaoNlE&feature=youtu.be>

Anyways, I like to play basketball still.  I would really like to get into a rec league for soccer again but just haven't had time nor found any cheap adult rec leagues where I live. 

I only like to watch college football now.  Baseball is too boring for me to watch anymore (used to play and love to watch baseball when I was young).  Soccer (even though it is my favorite sport (played for at least 10+ years) I don't really care to watch it on TV.  I was getting into the English Premier League awhile ago but I don't have cable and stopped hanging out with "friend" that I used to watch it with.  Tennis (maybe I'll watch the girls play and stare at their asses for a little).  Golf (wake me up when it is over, played a little real golf awhile ago and it is a lot more fun than watching).   Basketball they completely turned it into a pussy sport and favor the super stars way too much on foul calls now (even more than Jordan era).   I hate the refs in basketball and the way they call fouls now.  I don't even watch live TV anymore (at least not at home, Netflix all the way!, and I refuse to pay for overprice cable) so my watching is limited to when I go over to friends, family, etc...

family guy,probably the funniest show i see right now you sound a bit like me about live tv,we have iplayers over here on my ps3 and laptop, i watch that mostly,thats why i like sport because its actually happening,of course i don't pay for cable or sky so don' t get to see much,we get wimbledon free which is good,nice to see the ladies fight it out once a year cricket is a bit of a strange sport,i like the 5 day version called test crcket,but you have to grow up with it and probably why i don't get bored with baseball, i like baseball and nfl(not that i get to see any games now) but never got into basketball and you are right the authorities are ruining most contact sports with the refs,i don't understand why,we like watching the rough stuff and they always seem to reward cheats

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

family guy,probably the funniest show i see right now you sound a bit like me about live tv,we have iplayers over here on my ps3 and laptop, i watch that mostly,thats why i like sport because its actually happening,of course i don't pay for cable or sky so don' t get to see much,we get wimbledon free which is good,nice to see the ladies fight it out once a year cricket is a bit of a strange sport,i like the 5 day version called test crcket,but you have to grow up with it and probably why i don't get bored with baseball, i like baseball and nfl(not that i get to see any games now) but never got into basketball and you are right the authorities are ruining most contact sports with the refs,i don't understand why,we like watching the rough stuff and they always seem to reward cheats

Talking about contact sports...  NFL fines helmet to helmet hits, etc (I agree with not hitting helmet to helmet due to increased concusions), yet they then go around and sell NFL Greatest Hits (or whatever) showing helmet to helmet collisions.  So they make money off the fines and then make money off selling footage of it.  Sounds like a contradiction to me.  They also protect the quarterback a little too much now.  You can barely tap the quarterback right after they throw the ball and get a penalty.  I understand about the need to protect the quarterback but they are going a little too far on some calls.  It is pretty hard for a lineman to all of sudden stop and not hit the quarterback if they just released the ball a second.  If the hit lays the quarterback out (a few seconds after throwing the ball) then sure throw the flag but if they barely touch the quarterback right after release then it shouldn't be a late hit.

sethnintendo said:
zuvuyeay said:

Talking about contact sports...  NFL fines helmet to helmet hits, etc (I agree with not hitting helmet to helmet due to increased concusions), yet they then go around and sell NFL Greatest Hits (or whatever) showing helmet to helmet collisions.  So they make money off the fines and then make money off selling footage of it.  Sounds like a contradiction to me.  They also protect the quarterback a little too much now.  You can barely tap the quarterback right after they throw the ball and get a penalty.  I understand about the need to protect the quarterback but they are going a little too far on some calls.  It is pretty hard for a lineman to all of sudden stop and not hit the quarterback if they just released the ball a second.  If the hit lays the quarterback out (a few seconds after throwing the ball) then sure throw the flag but if they barely touch the quarterback right after release then it shouldn't be a late hit.

well i'm no expert as i'm not american and we only see it before the playoffs which is still quite good but i notice even the commentators get annoyed about all the flags thrown out by the officials,it does seem a bit over the top sometimes,we are men afterall and that goes for most sports

we get a sunday night game over here usually,i quite like them and its annoying when you can't watch the playoffs because you hve to pay someone else,we get the super bopwl though

Above & Beyond