By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sport Talk Thread

OK if anyone wants to join a vgc fantasy footy league then go to the official barclays fantasy footy site here is the code 699548-178807

hopefully a couple do or just join if you are already on it,the footy season is nearly upon us,great win for button in hungary,spa is next up in a few weeks and good stuff from england to go 2-0 up against india,grwat crowds and atmosphere seeing some truly great indian batsmen and giving tendulka standing ovations

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

anyone interested

scott parker to spurs for 5m, jerome to stoke,santos & mertesacker to the arsenal

wonder if there will be any big ones here or on the continent

QPR probably sign a few but i think there could eb alot of business in the next few players,tottenham will be trying to off load a few anyway,crouch anyone.......anyone

Above & Beyond

Who here is watching the rugby world cup? I think the US is going to stomp some over rated Australian butt this weekend. Shock the world with a miracle on grass.

Also thinking the All blacks will finally win the cup again they seem unstoppable.

Other great sporting events are happening this weekednd. UFC 135 live from Denver is happening. Were young, star champion Jon Jones is fighting the old champ and veteran Rampage. The event is in my City, but unfortantly I cannot go, but it should be epic.

there has got to be a few mixed martial arts fans out there.

chocoloco said:

Other great sporting events are happening this weekednd. UFC 135 live from Denver is happening. Were young, star champion Jon Jones is fighting the old champ and veteran Rampage. The event is in my City, but unfortantly I cannot go, but it should be epic.

mixed martial arts,thats what mma is,it must be good to watch shame yuo couldn't go to see it,

usa beast the aussies at rugby.doubt it,that would be like the aussies winning at american football,no chance

haven't watched the rugby world cup apart from a bit of england v scotland, but it is not my sport and the games are hopelessy one sided even pointless in my opinion,i prefer the nfl and baseball to rugby

but i can't see anyone other than NZ or the south africans winning,NZ will go crazy if they don't win

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
chocoloco said:

mixed martial arts,thats what mma is,it must be good to watch shame yuo couldn't go to see it,

usa beast the aussies at rugby.doubt it,that would be like the aussies winning at american football,no chance

haven't watched the rugby world cup apart from a bit of england v scotland, but it is not my sport and the games are hopelessy one sided even pointless in my opinion,i prefer the nfl and baseball to rugby

but i can't see anyone other than NZ or the south africans winning,NZ will go crazy if they don't win

Lol, I just saw this. The UFC is in Vegas a lot, which is not increadibly far from Denver so I could potentially go. Since it started here and since it is popular in Denver/Colorado they come here more than many cities.

As far as rugby goes I stopped watching as New Zealand always wins and that is boring. I am actually more of a fan of England, Ireland because it is my nature to root for the underdog. Plus I prefer the Northern Hemisphere. I probably will watch the world cup, but due to time differences rugby is not an ideal sport to watch here.

chocoloco said:
zuvuyeay said:
chocoloco said:

Lol, I just saw this. The UFC is in Vegas a lot, which is not increadibly far from Denver so I could potentially go. Since it started here and since it is popular in Denver/Colorado they come here more than many cities.

As far as rugby goes I stopped watching as New Zealand always wins and that is boring. I am actually more of a fan of England, Ireland because it is my nature to root for the underdog. Plus I prefer the Northern Hemisphere. I probably will watch the world cup, but due to time differences rugby is not an ideal sport to watch here.

ha,this thread never took off,i was hoping the footy(soccer) talk might get in here with other sports for a big thread

i will watch  some rugby if england are playing in a decent match if its on the BBC and not sky as it's freeish like against the french,the world cup rugby is over here next,

england doing well in india at cricket might win a series over there since the 1970's if our batsman don't have a meltdown

it's our sports personality of the year award tonight,hopefully bradley wiggins wins or jessica ennis who i voted for as she is a cutie

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
chocoloco said:

ha,this thread never took off,i was hoping the footy(soccer) talk might get in here with other sports for a big thread

i will watch  some rugby if england are playing in a decent match if its on the BBC and not sky as it's freeish like against the french,the world cup rugby is over here next,

england doing well in india at cricket might win a series over there since the 1970's if our batsman don't have a meltdown

it's our sports personality of the year award tonight,hopefully bradley wiggins wins or jessica ennis who i voted for as she is a cutie

Hard to say if it can take off. I barely scratched by an ice hockey thread (NHL). Even the NBA has not come close to being successful as a season thread with it's popularity and with the many Americans and Canadians that frequent the site. Soccer/football seems like it can work of course their is already a football thread.

My hope is the All Blacks lose a lot of dominance over the next 3 years as they just blowout every team they play. Hell, I got  an All Blacks jersey/shirt, but I always preferred certain Euro teams or even the Aussies.

Cricket is the one sport I have never seen that is really popular elsewhere in the World. That is pretty cool if England wins an international tournament again.

Were you rooting for Pittsburgh or not in that game?