By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 vs N64

N64 292 46.65%

PS3 332 53.04%

Total:624
Snesboy said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Dumb comparison, the PS3 has better games of every genre.

If you actually think the N64 is better you need to take the nostalgia goggles off.

And please, nobody respond to me ranting about how awesome the N64 was at the time. I had one as back then, there were very few games worth playing. To the contrary, I can think of about 100 games worth playing on the PS3.

Oh really? I can think of at least 1,975 posts not worth reading on this site. lulz

N64 is better dude. N64 didn't brick if you plugged it in to the internet (because it couldn't) like PS3 does.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/apocalyps3/

Shit happens. Its not like the PS3 is injuring children.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040_3-237808.html

Also, we are talking about which has better games. The N64 is just a simple piece of hardware in comparison.

Are you actually boasting about the N64's inability to go online? Great spin.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Just want to say.

The original PlayStation took a big huge steamy dump all over the 64.

The PS3 can play all those PS1 games, and all the PS3 games. MINE can even play PS2 games.

PS3 wins, hands down.

Infact. Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet and Uncharted 2 > Everything on N64 combined. (Maybe aside from Majora's Mask...)

I cant belive everyone is leaving out Turok 2. One of the best and best looking game on the 64.Some other great ones like Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, the Rush series (Rush2 my fovorite out of the 3), Killer Instinct Gold, Duke Nukem Zero Hour, not to mention a better Resident Evil lol.

patapon said:

The n64 is 21.333 times greater than the ps3

You just can't argue with the math.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

By games PS3 because it has a larger amount of AAA (not comparing what AAA game is better).

Around the Network

PS3 wins because of God of War 3 alone.....however the N64 stole my gaming virginity with Mario Kart 64 so I have to give it props

Mr Puggsly said:
Snesboy said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Dumb comparison, the PS3 has better games of every genre.

If you actually think the N64 is better you need to take the nostalgia goggles off.

And please, nobody respond to me ranting about how awesome the N64 was at the time. I had one as back then, there were very few games worth playing. To the contrary, I can think of about 100 games worth playing on the PS3.

Oh really? I can think of at least 1,975 posts not worth reading on this site. lulz

N64 is better dude. N64 didn't brick if you plugged it in to the internet (because it couldn't) like PS3 does.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/apocalyps3/

Shit happens. Its not like the PS3 is injuring children.

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040_3-237808.html

Also, we are talking about which has better games. The N64 is just a simple piece of hardware in comparison.

Are you actually boasting about the N64's inability to go online? Great spin.

Well, I'm not the one that's banned, so I'm just gonna assume I win.

SuperAnthony64 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Starfox 64
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros.
Wave Race 64
F-Zero GX
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3

vs

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Ratchet: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet: A Crack In Time
Demon's Souls
Heavy Rain
God of War III
Heavenly Sword
inFamous
inFamous 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
The Last Guardian
ModNation Racers
Motorstorm
Mostorstorm: Pacific Rift
Motorstorm 3
Gran Turismo 5
SOCOM 4
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Twisted Metal

Plus all the multiplats, PSN games and games we don't even know exist yet... the PS3 is the clear winner. Even when looking at the lists through nostalgia glasses.

You are naming games that arent even out yet.

No shit. The PS3 isn't done yet!

my first thought was to say the ps3.  i dont generally look all that fondly on older games.  but then i was thinking about it...and the n64 had a huge amount of great games.

n64 is definitely the winner.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I like my N64 just fine, but realistically, there are really only about 10-15 good games on the console, and half of those are multi-platform.