By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enslaved doing pretty good on both consoles.

I can't see Lords of Shadow cracking 1 mil, let alone Enslaved which did even worse. The both of them will be lucky to hit 500K especially since the month of October is packed with other BIGGER games like Kirby, Rock Band 3, Fallout, Fable 3, Vanquish, Force Unleashed 2 and so on. As for post-holiday legs, I don't see that happening either.

Around the Network
ZechsMerquise said:

Er... both Enslaved and Castlevania had very poor opening weeks. Castlevania less than 82k on either platform (worldwide) and Enslaved less than 42k on either platform (worldwide). They are poor numbers. And as we've already seen, with a few exceptions, PS3 and 360 games rely on their first week heavily. These are poor numbers and we could see either game struggling to break 500K.

Oh you're wrong. Castlevania will easily reach 1 million on PS3.

Aiddon said:

I can't see Lords of Shadow cracking 1 mil, let alone Enslaved which did even worse. The both of them will be lucky to hit 500K especially since the month of October is packed with other BIGGER games like Kirby, Rock Band 3, Fallout, Fable 3, Vanquish, Force Unleashed 2 and so on. As for post-holiday legs, I don't see that happening either.

Even Mirrors edge crawled into almost 2M combined sales so why you think Castlevania won't do that?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

One thing that I thought was a little pointless.  I got an Achievement for beating chapter 14. Then I got an Achievement for freeing the slaves.  Then, I got an Achievement for beating the game on easy mode.  And then, I got an Achievement for beating the game on normal mode!  But for all of these Achievements, I really only did one thing--take out that final boss.

Bristow9091 said:

Lol yeah I do think the last two trophies are pointless, finishing the game, and watching the 2 minute epilogue...

But who cares, eh? Free trophies!

Oh, I definitely appreciate the rewards!  I was just watching "Hook" on Netflix so I had to cut the post short.  Peter Pan just faced Captain Hook for the first time.....

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

Even Mirrors edge crawled into almost 2M combined sales so why you think Castlevania won't do that?

Mirror's Edge did that after hitting the bargain bin, and even so it's mostly because EA shipped a lot of games (Soul Calibur IV syndrome I guess)

Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

Er... both Enslaved and Castlevania had very poor opening weeks. Castlevania less than 82k on either platform (worldwide) and Enslaved less than 42k on either platform (worldwide). They are poor numbers. And as we've already seen, with a few exceptions, PS3 and 360 games rely on their first week heavily. These are poor numbers and we could see either game struggling to break 500K.

Well you think I might be wrong, we are yet to see the proof. It might have legs, it might not. The fact is though wekk one sales were somewhere between underwhelming and disappointing. That said Castlevania has never been a massive franchise in terms of sales. Still, we shall see. If after next week the sales have massively dropped off, or it has fallen out the worldwide charts altogether, that will make for a pretty grim future for it.

d21lewis said:

One thing that I thought was a little pointless.  I got an Achievement for beating chapter 14. Then I got an Achievement for freeing the slaves.  Then, I got an Achievement for beating the game on easy mode.  And then, I got an Achievement for beating the game on normal mode!  But for all of these Achievements, I really only did one thing--take out that final boss.

maybe to make idiots who would switch off after they beat the final boss watch the epilogue

...not that they would deserve that game, just saying

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

Well you think I might be wrong, we are yet to see the proof. It might have legs, it might not. The fact is though wekk one sales were somewhere between underwhelming and disappointing. That said Castlevania has never been a massive franchise in terms of sales. Still, we shall see. If after next week the sales have massively dropped off, or it has fallen out the worldwide charts altogether, that will make for a pretty grim future for it.

Like I said in another thread, second week in EMEAA will either be really close to first week or above.

The Holidays will help the game a lot.

Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

Like I said in another thread, second week in EMEAA will either be really close to first week or above.

The Holidays will help the game a lot.

Holidays help some games, and others get lost in the holiday rush. We shall see, with Medal of Honor being released on Friday I think you could well see other titles taking significant hits as people spend their money on that. But we will see.