By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enslaved doing pretty good on both consoles.

ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

Enslaved and Castlevania have both bombed. For the amount of money that was thrown at Castlevania Konami will be seriously disappointed. But the HD flops keep coming, Blood Stone failed to chart on the 360  and only just made it into the worldside top 50 on the PS3.

Blood Stone is at 63 on metacritic and it sold 71,426 FW (excluding PC sales). That is half what Goldeneye did on the Wii. Far from being a flop I think.

That is a major flop. It will probably struggle to do 300k on either console.

EMEAA Week 2 sales:

Goldeneye 007: 36,751 - Metacritic: 82

Blood Stone: 29,820 (excluding PC sales) - Metacritic: 64

Still a flop?

I would say the fact that the 360 version of bloodstone failed to chart in the top 50 worldwide makes it a flop. Especially as dev costs are so high for HD games. I think that is also combined sales of the 360 and PS3 version you're talking about. Overall I think we agree that sales have at least been underwhelming?

No the sales are on line with what they deserve to be for Blood Stone. Underwhelming for Goldeneye though.

I doubt sales of Bloodstone will be pleasing Activision one bit. Also, but saying that a game is doing well because it got a low average score then doesn't sell well is wrong. The fact that it got a low average score would suggest it is a critical flop, I would also say at the very least the 360 version has been a commercial flop!

But to be a commercial flop, it would first mean that they had high expectations. But if they know the game is bad, then they won't have high expectations which means it really isn't a flop. "Flop" must be used in consideration of the expectations of the publisher.

Around the Network

It sold like 26,000 units on xbox 360 this week. nice to see it is getting some more sales and attention. must have been the price drop boost (i bought it )

This game is pretty decent. Great rent, and a good buy @ $20. Apparently Pigsys DLC is 4 hours long, and it was released last week. Hope Namco builds up this franchise, its got potential to be great.

Yeah, I really liked the Pigsy DLC, well worth the 10 dollars.  Good game, overall, I hope the sales keep up, since the price drop.

Got the game for $25 over Thanksgiving weekend, beat it a few days ago. Honestly its (lack of) performance seems in keeping with its quality from my point of view. Enslaved is a game that had a lot of potential but ended up being a disappointment for me. Until about halfway through it's one of the most beautiful games ever released, then the environments change and it looks ugly and awful. The high quality of the voice-acting wasn't enough to compensate for a dull script and lifeless story - I understand that they wanted to avoid sappiness, and they did that, but the relationship between Monkey and Trip isn't anywhere near as well-done as that between the Prince and Farah. The combat is absolutely atrocious throughout, let's not even talk about the bizarre platforming.

There were things I liked about the game (including the ending, which I thought was spectacular albeit a total non sequitur), but in the balance it's just not very good.

Around the Network

combined the sales are at 290K.  I dont think those sales are "pretty good"

But the sales keep on coming for Enslaved.  But it seems Lords of shadow is going to be forgotten before long.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!