Forums - Sales Discussion - Enslaved doing pretty good on both consoles.

Jaffar Sholva said:

Well then it was pretty much the fault of Konami trying to make an AAA title from a "little" franchise.

From where do you have the sales numbers of the Castlevania games? They are very bad tracked on vgc.

Sure, and I agree with that.  It'd be like trying to turn Contra into a AAA FPS, and expecting the sorts of sales those titles bring.

CV sales were actually mentioned in the recent Gametrailers retrospective on the series.  They highlight that COTM was the only title in the series to ever sell (ship?) over a million units.



Around the Network

Enslaved and Castlevania have both bombed. For the amount of money that was thrown at Castlevania Konami will be seriously disappointed. But the HD flops keep coming, Blood Stone failed to chart on the 360  and only just made it into the worldside top 50 on the PS3.



According to the OP in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119445&page=1&str=60096205#8

Enslaved has sold 800k copies, thats according to namco bandai apparently, but vgchartz has it tracked at about 200k last i checked. can anyone shed some light on this issue, because it might not have been the disaster we all think if thats the case....



A203D said:

According to the OP in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119445&page=1&str=60096205#8

Enslaved has sold 800k copies, thats according to namco bandai apparently, but vgchartz has it tracked at about 200k last i checked. can anyone shed some light on this issue, because it might not have been the disaster we all think if thats the case....


That obviously is shipped number and with the game setting new records in speed of price drops it's rather badly overshipped.



PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

A new Goemon game would do much better than Castlevania. Don't know what Konami is thinking. Where are Suikoden, Silent Hill (japanese) and Metal Gear 5?



Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
A203D said:

According to the OP in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119445&page=1&str=60096205#8

Enslaved has sold 800k copies, thats according to namco bandai apparently, but vgchartz has it tracked at about 200k last i checked. can anyone shed some light on this issue, because it might not have been the disaster we all think if thats the case....


That obviously is shipped number and with the game setting new records in speed of price drops it's rather badly overshipped.

Yeah thats what i suspected, its just that i had hoped the numbers were heavily undertracked. but your right the speed of price drops suggests the former.



So, Enslaved will be a failure concerning the total of sales.  As I have said before, this makes me sad.  A great game will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

I think they should have waited a few months before realising it.  I mean, it's not like everyone was waiting for it.  I found out about the game a week before it came out.  When you look at it, it came out in a short time period that saw many anticipated games being released (Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas, Force Unleashed 2, Fable 3...).  Not counting Casltevania in there.  Pretty rough competition.  Anyway, we will never know.

But, I think some publishers should at least wait a few weeks or their games will go completly unnoticed.  Look at Arcania: Gothic IV.  I know it's not a masterpiece, but it is completly overlooked.  My Gamestop doesn't even have a copy of the game! So Enslaved could have done much better.  The price cut will help, I hope.  Still very proud I supported this game since day one.



Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!


What is enslaved ?



Yuyyder said:

What is enslaved ?

This, basically.  A relatively short but well made (in my opinion) action game with great production values that nobody bought.



mZuzek loves to pre-order

ZechsMerquise said:

Enslaved and Castlevania have both bombed. For the amount of money that was thrown at Castlevania Konami will be seriously disappointed. But the HD flops keep coming, Blood Stone failed to chart on the 360  and only just made it into the worldside top 50 on the PS3.

Blood Stone is at 63 on metacritic and it sold 71,426 FW (excluding PC sales). That is half what Goldeneye did on the Wii. Far from being a flop I think.