By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enslaved doing pretty good on both consoles.

According to the OP in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119445&page=1&str=60096205#8

Enslaved has sold 800k copies, thats according to namco bandai apparently, but vgchartz has it tracked at about 200k last i checked. can anyone shed some light on this issue, because it might not have been the disaster we all think if thats the case....

Around the Network
A203D said:

According to the OP in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119445&page=1&str=60096205#8

Enslaved has sold 800k copies, thats according to namco bandai apparently, but vgchartz has it tracked at about 200k last i checked. can anyone shed some light on this issue, because it might not have been the disaster we all think if thats the case....

That obviously is shipped number and with the game setting new records in speed of price drops it's rather badly overshipped.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

A new Goemon game would do much better than Castlevania. Don't know what Konami is thinking. Where are Suikoden, Silent Hill (japanese) and Metal Gear 5?

Zlejedi said:
A203D said:

That obviously is shipped number and with the game setting new records in speed of price drops it's rather badly overshipped.

Yeah thats what i suspected, its just that i had hoped the numbers were heavily undertracked. but your right the speed of price drops suggests the former.

So, Enslaved will be a failure concerning the total of sales.  As I have said before, this makes me sad.  A great game will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

I think they should have waited a few months before realising it.  I mean, it's not like everyone was waiting for it.  I found out about the game a week before it came out.  When you look at it, it came out in a short time period that saw many anticipated games being released (Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas, Force Unleashed 2, Fable 3...).  Not counting Casltevania in there.  Pretty rough competition.  Anyway, we will never know.

But, I think some publishers should at least wait a few weeks or their games will go completly unnoticed.  Look at Arcania: Gothic IV.  I know it's not a masterpiece, but it is completly overlooked.  My Gamestop doesn't even have a copy of the game! So Enslaved could have done much better.  The price cut will help, I hope.  Still very proud I supported this game since day one.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

What is enslaved ?

Yuyyder said:

What is enslaved ?

This, basically.  A relatively short but well made (in my opinion) action game with great production values that nobody bought.

ZechsMerquise said:

Enslaved and Castlevania have both bombed. For the amount of money that was thrown at Castlevania Konami will be seriously disappointed. But the HD flops keep coming, Blood Stone failed to chart on the 360  and only just made it into the worldside top 50 on the PS3.

Blood Stone is at 63 on metacritic and it sold 71,426 FW (excluding PC sales). That is half what Goldeneye did on the Wii. Far from being a flop I think.

Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

Enslaved and Castlevania have both bombed. For the amount of money that was thrown at Castlevania Konami will be seriously disappointed. But the HD flops keep coming, Blood Stone failed to chart on the 360  and only just made it into the worldside top 50 on the PS3.

Blood Stone is at 63 on metacritic and it sold 71,426 FW (excluding PC sales). That is half what Goldeneye did on the Wii. Far from being a flop I think.

That is a major flop. It will probably struggle to do 300k on either console.

ZechsMerquise said:
Boutros said:
ZechsMerquise said:

That is a major flop. It will probably struggle to do 300k on either console.

You are way too generous on the use of the word "flop". You're making it obsolete.

You don't even know what were their expectations. They didn't even advertised the game.

It will surely reach at least 500k on PS3 and 360. I think it isn't too bad.