By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enslaved doing pretty good on both consoles.

Yeah, it's gone out of the all formats, but so has Castlevania on the 360. I predict bad things for James Bond: Blood Stone too. That game is going to have bad numbers, especially releasing the week before COD.

Around the Network

Castlevania on PS3 is showing sexy legs. Like I said, above 1 million on PS3 alone is a given I think.

Bruno Muñoz said:
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (X360)
Namco Bandai
4 16,572 93,190
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)
Namco Bandai
4 15,451 90,827

I'm afraid that after 4 weeks on the market we can definitely declare Ensalved as the biggest console bomb of this year, maybe generation? And I say console bomb because the biggest bomb on gaming will always be All Points Bulletin released this year with a budget of $104.5 million.

The sales aren't THAT bad. We've seen much worse this gen.

Boutros said:

Castlevania on PS3 is showing sexy legs. Like I said, above 1 million on PS3 alone is a given I think.

Yeah its doing well, i think combined maybe about 1.25 mil, but no more imo. Vanquish also holding up well. anyone know what the budget was?

That Tameen guy is very arrogant and unless they do something truly great with DmC, they are bankrupt.

But war... war never changes

Around the Network
A203D said:
Boutros said:

Yeah its doing well, i think combined maybe about 1.25 mil, but no more imo. Vanquish also holding up well. anyone know what the budget was?

Seems to be doing about double what enslaved is. I think you're right saying 1.25 combined, but I'd still say that isn't good numbers for a game that clearly had so much go into it.

As for Vanquish though, it's only on it's second week and is almost out of the top 50 and hasn't broken 100k on 360 yet, although is doing better on PS3. I think that will do no more than 500k on either console.

ZechsMerquise said:
A203D said:
Boutros said:

Seems to be doing about double what enslaved is. I think you're right saying 1.25 combined, but I'd still say that isn't good numbers for a game that clearly had so much go into it.

You have a point, castlevania is an established franchise anyway so its not fair to compare them, but i think over a mil is an acceptable level of success for a game like this because of the lack of interest compared to shooters or wii games.

real shame about enslaved though, ninja theory could go exclusive for their next game after dmc, i've heard a lot of people say PS3 exclusive would be better, based on the sales, market, etc i think that woudve been better imo.

I also own both Enslaved and Castlevania and imo Enslaved is clearly the better game. It is also superior to Heavenly Sword which was made by the same team, it should do better than it does =(.

Castlevania isn't doing that bad I think. Look at the whole franchise. It never had that much sales. Or am I totally wrong? If it reaches one million, it is one of the better Castlevanias (sales wise).

12.08.2010, prediction:

GT5 will sell ~10 million life time (after 20 weeks around 6 million, rest with legs).

short game length with zero replay value (from what I've heard) means that I won't be picking this up. 

I am getting vanquish but only because I can get it cheaply. 

The game doesn't look that appealing to me anyway.

EDIT: Also, I'd be surprised if this game broke 900k sales.