By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 40

PS3 and 360 in trouble this week with the Wii Party juggernaut .

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Wii Party got its first crazy advertising blitz this week during X Factor. It will pick up this week enormously, I reckon. To be fair, although JLS are awful, watching them furiously masturbate with the Wiimote made me wet my pants.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:

Wii Party got its first crazy advertising blitz this week during X Factor. It will pick up this week enormously, I reckon. To be fair, although JLS are awful, watching them furiously masturbate with the Wiimote made me wet my pants.

wait wha? THIS made you wet your pants?

okieeee then

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
bazmeistergen said:

wait wha? THIS made you wet your pants?

okieeee then

Oh... oh.... OH. OH YEAH. OH YEAH.

OH FUCKING YEAH.

Yes, the one with the horses made me laugh out loud. So bad, it's good.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Grimes said:

Mario Party's first week sold 28k in EMEAA. I don't know why anyone expected Wii Party to sell enormous numbers with this data.

That being said, Mario Party sold 32k in the 20th week of sale and over 2 million total in EMEAA, so Wii Party could sell a moderate amount for a very long time.

Well there were some that were expecting Wii Party to cause a boost in Wii's HW sales, which undoubtedly means they were expecting big Wii Party sales.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Grimes said:

Mario Party's first week sold 28k in EMEAA. I don't know why anyone expected Wii Party to sell enormous numbers with this data.

That being said, Mario Party sold 32k in the 20th week of sale and over 2 million total in EMEAA, so Wii Party could sell a moderate amount for a very long time.

Well there were some that were expecting Wii Party to cause a boost in Wii's HW sales, which undoubtedly means they were expecting big Wii Party sales.

It will during the holidays like all wii titles do. I think the mainstream will pick this and just dance 2 like hot cakes

kopstudent89 said:
trestres said:
Grimes said:

It will during the holidays like all wii titles do. I think the mainstream will pick this and just dance 2 like hot cakes

Yeah but not this week like many were expecting.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Anybody who thought that was being way too optimistic (though I suppose there is a slim chance it could happen in the US where Mario Party sold better), at best Wii Party might help sales over the long run but even that is in question, seeing as it's merely a better party game, a kind of game Wii owners have had available to them since the launch of the system.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

trestres said:
Grimes said:

Well you can go off what people expect or what the data shows, take your pick.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.