next Metroid developer

Platinum Games (Madworld, Vanquish) 18 11.18%

Retro Studios (Metroid prime) 54 33.54%

Vanillaware (Muramasa) 15 9.32%

Grasshopper Manufacture (No more Heroes) 4 2.48%

Internal EAD 48 29.81%

Other (please specify) 22 13.66%

Total:161

And you are avoiding my question in the other Metroid Sales thread, khuutra ;)

I think jerrod is right, TN tried something new, made some great improvements and some mistak4es. But if they fix this mistakes up, they could make a very, very good game...

Hmmm, I´d like to know one thing: Many people are complaining about the "bad" story... (For me, it was a very good one, nobody knows exactly who was the traitor, for example, you have to THINK about this....) ... BUT. what is in your opinion a good story? jumpin said corruption had a bad story, so make some suggestions... and the others, too ;)

Around the Network
darkgemini said:

And you are avoiding my question in the other Metroid Sales thread, khuutra ;)

I think jerrod is right, TN tried something new, made some great improvements and some mistak4es. But if they fix this mistakes up, they could make a very, very good game...

Hmmm, I´d like to know one thing: Many people are complaining about the "bad" story... (For me, it was a very good one, nobody knows exactly who was the traitor, for example, you have to THINK about this....) ... BUT. what is in your opinion a good story? jumpin said corruption had a bad story, so make some suggestions... and the others, too ;)

I post in a lot of topics; my apologies if it seemed like I was ignoring you, the topich ad just fallen out of my recent topics list.

My suggestion for a good story would vary depending on genre. For a Metroid game? Prime, Return of Samus, and Super are about ideal. Prime in particular.

Team Ninja should give it another and sooner than later.  Just try to address what the major complaints were with with Other M and make changes where needed.   Remember the Gold standard Metroid game is not Fusion or even Prime, it's Super Metroid.

foxtail said:

Team Ninja should give it another and sooner than later.  Just try to address what the major complaints were with with Other M and make changes where needed.   Remember the Gold standard Metroid game is not Fusion or even Prime, it's Super Metroid.

In terms of sales that isn't true. The gold standard is Prime - discounting that, the gold standard is the original Metroid.

And yes, sales are a valid metric here - Nintendo has said they want it to sell better, after all.

LOL! Nintendo will never let SUDA & Co. do a metroid game. Retro ftw, Metroid Prime 4 on the next Nintendo home console.

Around the Network

I'm probably with the minority here but let Team Ninja handle it.  I ain't gonna lie I only played the first 15 or so minutes of Metroid: Other M, but from what I played the gameplay is solid.  I did notice problem with the naration itself, but that's not Team Ninja's problem that was the director's(writer?) problem and he came from Nintendo so... let Team Ninja make the next Metroid game and change the director.  Or hire an actual writer cause the only cutscene I saw with people talking was narrated by Samus... they had  a cutscene with people talking and the camera panned out and Samus narrated that cutscene instead of hearing the people talk...  On a side note: I think Nintendo tried to do something ambitious with Other M, they wanted something to compete with these "movie" like games (Uncharted, Metal Gear, etc) , as I like to call them, and I don't think anyone in Nintendo has that kind of experience with writing and cinematography to make that kind of game.  How to solve this?  Just let Foxhound (or whatver Kojima's internal name is for his dev team) make the next Metroid game (I know this contradicts my statement about Team Ninja)

darkknightkryta said:

Just let Foxhound (or whatver Kojima's internal name is for his dev team) make the next Metroid game

I have never been more terrified by an idea so much in my life.

Kojima is not a good fit for Metroid

They should let Intelligent Systems take care of it. After all, they were the ones who programmed Metroid and Super Metroid.

Besides, anything they try their hands at turns golden. I love them.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Khuutra said:
foxtail said:

Team Ninja should give it another go and sooner than later.  Just try to address what the major complaints were with with Other M and make changes where needed.   Remember the Gold standard Metroid game is not Fusion or even Prime, it's Super Metroid.

In terms of sales that isn't true. The gold standard is Prime - discounting that, the gold standard is the original Metroid.

And yes, sales are a valid metric here - Nintendo has said they want it to sell better, after all.

When I used the gold standard phrase I was thinking more in terms of it's common use, as in "an overall model of excellence in the Metroid series" and not just sales.  But when talking about sales you should also remember that Nintendo cares about how the well the games sell in Japan and Super Meroid is the only game where Japan > North America (the original Metroid came close to even too).  That said, I do enjoy the Prime series and have no doubt that Retro will revisit the series in the future but that shouldn't stop Nintendo from letting Team Ninja refine and evolve the Other M formula. 

I hope for a EAD and co-developer Vanillaware. A metroid 2D (super metroid) and the Muramasa style. :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile