next Metroid developer

Platinum Games (Madworld, Vanquish) 18 11.18%

Retro Studios (Metroid prime) 54 33.54%

Vanillaware (Muramasa) 15 9.32%

Grasshopper Manufacture (No more Heroes) 4 2.48%

Internal EAD 48 29.81%

Other (please specify) 22 13.66%

Total:161

now from the looks of sales and fan/critical reaction the Team ninja co developed Metroid: other M has been kinda a failure. So who do you think would be a good choice to co develop the next metroid game?

my top choices would be Platnum games as a third person action game, or Vinillaware in a return to 2D side scrolling metroid-vania awesomeness.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

random list is random

O-D-C said:

random list is random

I tried to keep it to developers that have made nintendo games etc then I threw grasshopper manufacture on for kicks lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

they'll stick with Team Ninja; I very much doubt they're going to invest in a completely different play style with huge potential and then throw it out after one title, that's just silly.

The guys that made this game

Around the Network

Retro. Whenever Yosio Sakamoto is given free reign, his vision of Samus means plummeting sales.

Super Metroid was the worst selling Metroid game at 1.42 million sold LTD. The way Other M is selling, if it does not crack the 1 million mark by January 1, 2011, then Other M will be the biggest market flop for a Metroid game ever.

I surmise Other M will make it to the 600 to 800k mark come January 1, 2011. If this is the case, then I will be drinking beers and doing my happy dance because I abhor Sakamoto and his vision of the Metroid franchise that much.

Metroid Other M is awesome!, the people who thought it was very sexist are ridicilous.

don't you know troops have respect to higher ranked comrades EVEN AFTER duty?  , its Samus's way of showing respect, and its not sexist at all, stop bitching about it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

Metroid Other M is awesome!, the people who thought it was very sexist are ridicilous.

don't you know troops have respect to higher ranked comrades EVEN AFTER duty?  , its Samus's way of showing respect, and its not sexist at all, stop bitching about it.

The internet does not take kindly to logic unfortunately. You could explain how military authority also supercedes practically everything but people will still stick their fingers in their ears and go " LALALaLALALALALA!".

I doubt Retro will return to Metroid. I think Nintendo will probubly hand it to EAD, then again the franchise has never been as big as many of Nintendo's other franchises so I think they will probubly take a small break from Metroid as they did Donkey Kong or StarFox. It might be awhile before we see a return to the series unless like OtherM a third party wants to get involved and develope the title!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Retro and/or internal EAD.