By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The ugly and really obvious truth about pretty people?

I like carrotsauce!

Around the Network
A203D said:

Hmmm, this is a very, very interesting thread. firstly i think that you've made a very good point, attractive people seem to have life a lot easier the unattractive. although people here have made comments about how you can succeed in life no matter how you look etc. yes i find this is true, but tbh the world does seem to revolve around attractive people.

i've also heard that 80% of how you percieve someone is based on how you see them for the first time - i think this is a psycology thing, so imo there is some truth to what your saying, but perhaps now because the human race is 'enlightened' then attractiveness is semi-important, which i think could be true.

although i think your link is just a crude web article (no offense), there are probabily tomes of psycology studies about this, you should look into those for a deeper insight into this field. but beauty is not just in the eye of the beholder - scientists know there is a mathematical ratio present in nature that governs the shape of our face. so theres so much we know know about the relation beauty has on people, perhaps influencing working positions, like you article discussed etc.

which is why beauty is cleary VERY important, because there is a multi-billion industry focused on manufactured beauty. imo if you are unhappy with the way you look, then you could think about plastic surgery; millions of people do it every year.

I could'nt find anything deeper than that old news article. I tried. This lookisim topic also fascinates me.

Ehhh... I think you're putting too much emphasis on looks, I know they do play a part in society, but not as much as you think.

I mean, I'm an ugly cunt (Facebook for proof - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1646310319 ) - but I'm still quite successful, I can achieve in just about any area that I focus on, I go out with girls, I have a lot of friends, etc. What's most important in life is being confident, the reason I do well despite being ugly? I'm a cocky bastard.

I don't know what to say to help you improve your confidence, I'm sure there's a shit-ton of articles on the web, though. Basically, talk to people, but don't be weird about it. It's hard at first... and you will fall flat on your face the first couple of times, but the more you do it, the better you get. Once you find people that you can "connect" with, you form friends, you start going out more, and you start meeting girls.

Basically, get the roots sorted - confidence, and the rest comes naturally.

Im just thankful im considered hot by girls and get their attention, but it is alot of effort.

Nothing feels better than a hot girl ogling you, or a girl holding her boyfriend's arm and she turns to ogle at you.

Being born with a pretty face is just half the battle won. I also need to work out in the gym, take care of my diet, my skin, going for facials and I have an awesome dress sense.

If im  born ugly im so gonna lose all my confidence and die. While I do not know how is it like to be born ugly, I really really respect people who are born ugly, yet have so much confidence to get what they want. If im having an ugly day I'd just hide at home.

This sounds totally qualitative to me. Isn't it equally possible that pretty people spend more time on their looks (in order to make themselves look pretty; very few people are naturally pretty imo) and material goods, are more shallow and therefore tend to favour careers which pay very well?

Around the Network

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Society unfortunately has give us this fucked up image of what you are suppose to look like (Keep in mind most of those beautiful people have put thousands of dollar's into their face to look that way).

Now I would consider myself a good looking guy to some standards but in reality what does it matter? I've seen opposite scenario's where someone didnt get a job in construction or as an IT guy because in my opion, they didnt portray themselves as gritty enough, or have that intelligent nerdy look (I'm sure you can match the look to the job,lol)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

This is a very interesting topic, and I would like to add a few points. I can not produce links, but I have read studies that show beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder. Scientist did a study of what different people in different cultures found attractive about the human face. There was a very high agreement about what makes a face beautiful, and quite a bit had to do with symmetry (I do not remember the other factors). To prove that beautiful people have an measureable advantage in the work place, they sent almost identical resumes to employers looking to fill a position in an office. They attached a "head" shot photo to each resume, and even switched the photos between the two resumes for different employers. In most cases, the more "beautiful" person (male or female) was called in for an interview, and the "ugly" was not. Now if they had actually interviewed both people, who was hired may have been a different result. An "ugly" can really shine with personality and confidence. It is the prejudging that puts ugly people at an unfair disadvantage.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

u are one of a kind, but i haft to agree.

not only the coments the OP made, but they seem to be very controling and violent. a friend of mines hot girlfirend purposely broke his HD flat screen tv buy pushing it off the table and onto the floor face first just becuase she couldn't get her way or he wouldn't do wht she said when she saya do it. the girl is a nut job.

i got reject from that site to?

Malin Akerman is hot

So oldschoolfool is still looking for a girlfriend eh? ... can't wait for his next thread.. xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)