By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The ugly and really obvious truth about pretty people?

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-07-08/us/looks_1_plain-people-daniel-hamermesh-studies?_s=PM:US -----link. Everybody wants loves the beautiful people. Pretty people spend less time in jail. They earn more than the uglies. The pretty students also get higher grades bye there teacher's. I'm what you would call an ugly,but even I want to be liked and accepted bye the pretty people. There's even a beatifulpeople.com dating website. I got rejected bye the way. lol I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not alittle envious,but should it be that way? So,why is the world so hynotised bye the lucky people that were born pretty/attractive? How hard it must be to have the world handed to you based on your looks,while the uglies like me have to work hard to get half the stuff and also be ignored bye most everybody. You can argue that I lack self-cofidence,but I'm a realist and an ugly is an ugly,no matter how you spin it. So to all the pretties,I say to you,can I be your freind? lol 

Around the Network

What really matters is the heart :D

Above: still the best game of the year.

Well thats kind  of misleading but it might be true though.

You do have people who are born pretty due to lucky genetics, like my dog for example!

But then you have other people who present themselves so well they look pretty as well.....its all about knowing how to present yourself, knowing which hairstyle suits you best and so on.

Even the ugliest of the ugly person can look pretty if they try very hard too. But it is true they won't look as pretty as when someone who's naturally pretty tries very hard to look pretty (My dog and megan fox for example!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Beuli2 said:

What really matters is the heart :D

yea right. You don't have to have a heart/as long as your a pretty. lol

^_^ you can always do plastic surgery.

Anyway that is life. Don't think about it to much and let it influence your life otherwise you only get more ugly ^^''

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Well thats kind  of misleading but it might be true though.

You do have people who are born pretty due to lucky genetics, like my dog for example!

But then you have other people who present themselves so well they look pretty as well.....its all about knowing how to present yourself, knowing which hairstyle suits you best and so on.

Even the ugliest of the ugly person can look pretty if they try very hard too. But it is true they won't look as pretty as when someone who's naturally pretty tries very hard to look pretty (My dog and megan fox for example!)

Get out of my cynical thread,pretty boy. lol

Well I don't feel like I have the world handed to me, I have found I can get almost whatever I want from gay guys though ...

There are plenty of average or ugly looking people that have succeeded in life (money, family, etc).  I don't buy your observations nor will I look at that article.  Bill Gates and a bunch of other tech savvy people are highly successful and they quite frankly look like dorks (because they are).  You just have to exceed in the areas that you are good at.  Most famous actors/actresses that are beautiful are depressed and feel lonely.  Looks aren't everything it is mainly about your mind set.  Put your mind in a better place and you will have more happiness than the richest and most beautiful people in the world.

sethnintendo said:

There are plenty of average or ugly looking people that have succeeded in life (money, family, etc).  I don't buy your observations nor will I look at that article.  Bill Gates and a bunch of other tech savvy people are highly successful and they quite frankly look like dorks (because they are).  You just have to exceed in the areas that you are good at.  Most famous actors/actresses that are beautiful are depressed and feel lonely.  Looks aren't everything it is mainly about your mind set.  Put your mind in a better place and you will have more happiness than the richest and most beautiful people in the world.

let's me tell you the one expection to an ugly not getting a pretty-----MONEY!!!!!!! If your lucky enough to make a bunch of money,you can always get whatever you want/including women. That's the one and I mean one and only advantage that an ugly would have. It's not about your mindset,reality is reality no matter how you spin it. lol

Apparently I have pretty eyes...