By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The ugly and really obvious truth about pretty people?

Of course it is true, but tall people also have advantages. This world is not fair. I know at my job I can sweet talk my boss into anything because I am a good looking dude. She never has said no to me for anything. Its not just looks though you got to learn people skills too. Also whenever I interview I hope there is a female because I know I can use my sexuality to be more likely to get the job. I won't go on because I don't need to be to arrogant, but I know being attractive has helped me in my life, but it also brings unwanted attention.

Oh and oldschool I saw a pic of you on the reveal your true face thread and you look fine.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:

Ehhh... I think you're putting too much emphasis on looks, I know they do play a part in society, but not as much as you think.

I mean, I'm an ugly cunt (Facebook for proof - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1646310319 ) - but I'm still quite successful, I can achieve in just about any area that I focus on, I go out with girls, I have a lot of friends, etc. What's most important in life is being confident, the reason I do well despite being ugly? I'm a cocky bastard.

I don't know what to say to help you improve your confidence, I'm sure there's a shit-ton of articles on the web, though. Basically, talk to people, but don't be weird about it. It's hard at first... and you will fall flat on your face the first couple of times, but the more you do it, the better you get. Once you find people that you can "connect" with, you form friends, you start going out more, and you start meeting girls.

Basically, get the roots sorted - confidence, and the rest comes naturally.

Yeah, I think that's more it.

The more good looking are on average.  The more confident you are going to be on average.

Also you know...  proper nutrition correlates with good looks... and also money.

Born in a Middleclass household, get all your nutrition when your young, and are confident and have money.

Born in a Lowerclass household that struggles... live too much off fast food, get acne scars, fat, whatever, have low confidence partly because of looks parly because your rolemodels didn't achieve so why would you think you could,  don't pay attention to school, etc.

Being good looking is probably a confoudning variable when it comes to these things honestly.

Not really a reason, just something that correlates with the reasons these things happen.

Who the hell knows though.  I'm weird I have no real basis on knowlege on what people even think about my looks.  Never thought about it much really... because what's the difference?

SamuelRSmith said:

Ehhh... I think you're putting too much emphasis on looks, I know they do play a part in society, but not as much as you think.

I mean, I'm an ugly cunt (Facebook for proof - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1646310319 ) - but I'm still quite successful, I can achieve in just about any area that I focus on, I go out with girls, I have a lot of friends, etc. What's most important in life is being confident, the reason I do well despite being ugly? I'm a cocky bastard.

I don't know what to say to help you improve your confidence, I'm sure there's a shit-ton of articles on the web, though. Basically, talk to people, but don't be weird about it. It's hard at first... and you will fall flat on your face the first couple of times, but the more you do it, the better you get. Once you find people that you can "connect" with, you form friends, you start going out more, and you start meeting girls.

confidence is'nt reality. I'm sorry,but I don't believe if I suddenly become super cofident,all these magical things will happen. lol

EntilZha said:

This is a very interesting topic, and I would like to add a few points. I can not produce links, but I have read studies that show beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder. Scientist did a study of what different people in different cultures found attractive about the human face. There was a very high agreement about what makes a face beautiful, and quite a bit had to do with symmetry (I do not remember the other factors). To prove that beautiful people have an measureable advantage in the work place, they sent almost identical resumes to employers looking to fill a position in an office. They attached a "head" shot photo to each resume, and even switched the photos between the two resumes for different employers. In most cases, the more "beautiful" person (male or female) was called in for an interview, and the "ugly" was not. Now if they had actually interviewed both people, who was hired may have been a different result. An "ugly" can really shine with personality and confidence. It is the prejudging that puts ugly people at an unfair disadvantage.

I completly disagree with your last two sentences. It's the reality and society's way of thinking that put the ugly people at an unfair advantage. There's been studies on this,but I could'nt find any posted on the net.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

u are one of a kind, but i haft to agree.

not only the coments the OP made, but they seem to be very controling and violent. a friend of mines hot girlfirend purposely broke his HD flat screen tv buy pushing it off the table and onto the floor face first just becuase she couldn't get her way or he wouldn't do wht she said when she saya do it. the girl is a nut job.

i got reject from that site to?

I'm glad someone see's the point I was trying to make. Your example is pretty much spot on with what I was trying to say. lol

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

The more good looking are on average.  The more confident you are going to be on average.

Also you know...  proper nutrition correlates with good looks... and also money.

Born in a Middleclass household, get all your nutrition when your young, and are confident and have money.

Born in a Lowerclass household that struggles... live too much off fast food, get acne scars, fat, whatever, have low confidence partly because of looks parly because your rolemodels didn't achieve so why would you think you could,  don't pay attention to school, etc.

Being good looking is probably a confoudning variable when it comes to these things honestly.

Not really a reason, just something that correlates with the reasons these things happen.

Who the hell knows though.  I'm weird I have no real basis on knowlege on what people even think about my looks.  Never thought about it much really... because what's the difference?

Just read the article I linked,there's a world of difference with one's looks. Do you like science are something,because you always seem to debate things in a scientific outline. I've never seen someone present an argument quite like you. lol

oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Just read the article I linked,there's a world of difference with one's looks. Do you like science are something,because you always seem to debate things in a scientific outline. I've never seen someone present an argument quite like you. lol

It's just because i've had 3 statistcs classes and have run varying studies using statistics before.

I'm very familiar with statistics... and often how statistical studies are done wrong by ignoring a number of possible variables.  You'd be surprised how few studies are done competantly.

If I'm working on a production and I have two actors, both great at their craft but one looks the part. I will go with the looks unless I can't stand the idea of working with the other person because they've got horrible personalities. Unless the character needs to be butt uglY of course! But those roles don't pay aswell so I guess it holds true.

You know, beauty is somethineg everyone can get to a degree. You may not have a great face but everyone can get a great body (at least all men can) which can go a long way. I'm pretty sure girls would prefer a guy with an uglier face that's fit and trim over a fat guy with a handsome face. Dress well and groom well too. These subtle things add tons to your perceived beauty more than what comes naturally.

The vast majority of men would stare at a super fashionable chick even if her face wasn't waay up there and would ignore a naturally pretty chick if she was wearing sweatpants first thing in the morning and looked like she hadn't even taken a shower.

Sure, it'll probably be hard to compete with the people who are naturally beautful and take care of themselves (like I mentioned) as well but those little things can go a long way.

That article is pretty interesting though...I could've sworn that beautiful women benefited more than handsome men..boy, am I shocked.

Parting words: Trying too hard to get accepted would only reduces your chances of acceptance.

Just my 2 cents.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

There are few people that are truly ugly. If you just look after yourself and take some pride in your appearance you'll look good! Unless you're ginger :P

Britney Spears is a perfect example of how good someone can look when they try

And how ugly they can be when they don't give a shit