By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

thetonestarr said:
Ordered a SSD and a 2TB HDD from Newegg, got 'em yesterday. Rebuilding my entire system over the next couple weeks (going to take a long time because I have to back up everything too).

It's going to be EPIC. Also, I might experiment with hosting a server myself after that. Nothing serious, mostly for experimentation.

rock on! which SSD did you pick up? SSD is amazing in terms of boot and what not, in the spring  the next series comes out ill move the servers 64 to a cche drive, and drop a 120 or a 256 in it

(also a small world im swapping HDs in my laptop, though more becuase the one in my laptop has been failing for almost 6 months, and im tired of repairing it to keep it limping along)

on mine craft, not all of the help commands show up for NPC's its a known bug, use the site to help https://github.com/fullwall/Citizens/wiki  for them to attack/defend with bows n such, they have to be a  guards then either a bodyguard or bouncer, and then have items on a black list to attack, and on a white list to protect.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

It's a Kingston SSDNOW v100 64GB 250MBps DL/150MBps UL.

And yeah, I noticed problems with the help file for NPCs.

I've begun work with building my Middle Eastern castletown. So far I have the walls built and I'm starting to fill them properly with walkways, stairs, and lighting. I'm not playing as much since I'm working on my PC right now, but while I'm transferring data between HDDs to clear up the old ones, I won't have much to do except wait, so I WILL be playing Minecraft then some, at least.

SW-5120-1900-6153

PC running brand-new Win7 build on the new SSD = ohmygod it's beautiful and fast.

Windows Performance Rating is now 6.7, would be higher if not for my low-end video card. That's up from a 5.0, due to the speed limitations of the old hard drive. Now the RAM, processor, and HDD ratings - which all are extremely important to system performance and speeds - are all 7+. And it's fantastic. =D

Minecraft loads near instantly, which it certainly did NOT do before. It fires up FAST, and I get 200+ FPS even with 128px HD texture packs.

SW-5120-1900-6153

new map link, cave view test. no cut ups yet, due to work on my laptop ive pushed that back one more week

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/maps20110807.zip

the server will be down till i get back up to go to bed (unless what im doing is done before i go to bed).

if what im doing right now works less down time in the future, if not there may be a day, where i have to do a few dozen reboots in the not too distant future due to swapping of old HDDs for new ones

edit change worked, although with a hitch, but its fixed, downside is i have to be up in three hours for work, oh well

Around the Network

I'd like to re-suggest advertising on the Minecraft Forums. Now that we have permissions set up and people can't just come in and grief, it's a much more secure situation.

I have an idea for how people would have to apply for permission to be whitelisted, which would significantly clear up any possibilities of people being cleared and still griefing the server.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I'd like to re-suggest advertising on the Minecraft Forums. Now that we have permissions set up and people can't just come in and grief, it's a much more secure situation.

I have an idea for how people would have to apply for permission to be whitelisted, which would significantly clear up any possibilities of people being cleared and still griefing the server.

Im fine with that, direct them to the forum youve set up and not here though, and we need to finnish leveling beens place. at least make the area smooth, im not familer enough with world edit to fix it right. ill do some work on the area just out side the spawn, and have been

damn and so many things i need to finnish and pull out of my betta test world of plugins

So I've been thinking about trying to do a pixel art.

Is there any way to make the task of planning the whole thing out a little easier?

It depends on the size of the art you're looking to do.

Small-scale stuff (like everything I've ever made) is pretty simple. I just use an image editor to blow it up and make each individual pixel easier to see, then I figure out all the blocks I'll need and start pumping 'em out. Then I just start building from the bottom up. For the most part, I do it line-by-line, but I occasionally stray from that to concentrate on a specific part of the art.

Large-scale art is out of my experience range.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Ben's old tower flattened smooth and a small park is now in its place.

SW-5120-1900-6153