By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

The aliens have since made a couple... improvements to their design.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I reworked the spawn building to allow for our upcoming influx of new players from Minecraft Forums.

(1) I made it so players without any build rights CAN at least get out. If that goes against the original plan for the building, it can be edited later when I get home (right now I'm on lunch at work, on a tablet PC, without a mouse. Rather difficult to do anything). I believe the building was just set so we had a uniform place for people to spawn, with a welcome, so the new design allows noobs to at least exit if they can't open the door.

(2) I put signs explaining our basic server rules, who the admins are, how to get around, and where our server forums are.

Before I properly announce the server on the MC forums, though, I want to revive the forums (which partially will require me to change the settings for when threads disappear, so they stay visible well longer than they have been), There are a few other things I will need to do, and none of which will I be able to do until I get home, so we won't be seeing any influx of player numbers until later tonight.

SW-5120-1900-6153

So I was exploring that cave system I found last weekend, thetonestarr, and I found that it eventually leads to your underground pitfall under your castle.

Nice. Feel free to work that cave system; I don't use it. Just, if you cut through into any of my work, please patch it back up.

In the meanwhile, I have officially posted the thread in the Minecraft forums to allow for new players.

Thread here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/554281-vgc-mc-173-no-griefers-whitelist-20-max-at-a-time-bukkit-essentials-warpgates/

and here's our server forum (mostly posting for Plashy, since I don't believe you've been there yet... we kinda abandoned it for a while): http://z15.invisionfree.com/vgcmc/index.php?act=idx

SW-5120-1900-6153

I gotta say I'm a little excited about some new players joining our world. Good work tone.

Oh and now that we'll be getting some new players, maybe we can have the weather back and stick to a normal day/night cycle??

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

I want to show off other players' creations in the thread too, but I didn't want to showcase anything that people didn't want to showcase. One thing I'd like to show off is the Spleefing stadium, and I think I might screenshot Wick's treehouse and Goddog's brick tunnels, among a few other things.

Also, I haven't had a single person apply to join. Nobody's even registered on the forums to get access to the IP so that they can play. This has me reconsidering the high security policy and I think I might want to relax it significantly.

SW-5120-1900-6153

http://z15.invisionfree.com/vgcmc/index.php?showtopic=33

Updated trimmed map release.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Cool stuff.

I noticed something weird when I was exploring Dionne a while back. I noticed a one or two block high hole carved straight through a long section of the map. I'll have to get a picture of it, it has a creepy light at the end of the tunnel vibe.

*edit* so it didn't go all the way through, but I decided to finish tunneling through anyway so somebody could just walk right through a large chunk of land, from coast to coast.

thetonestarr said:

I want to show off other players' creations in the thread too, but I didn't want to showcase anything that people didn't want to showcase. One thing I'd like to show off is the Spleefing stadium, and I think I might screenshot Wick's treehouse and Goddog's brick tunnels, among a few other things.

Also, I haven't had a single person apply to join. Nobody's even registered on the forums to get access to the IP so that they can play. This has me reconsidering the high security policy and I think I might want to relax it significantly.

Feel free to show any of my creations mate.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

SW-5120-1900-6153