By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I do remember SOMETHING about rail objects causing problems, I don't know if it was detectors, or pressure plates, or putting the two together, or what, but in any case as tone said detectors and boosters certainly work fine now.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

IIRC it was when you placed a rail on the side of a detector rail.

SW-5120-1900-6153

edit MAP update, just one zip file holding them all now

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/maps20110724.zip  old bad gone

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25741521/maps20110724.zip     new link with correct north on large maps

also testing is over, the server should be normal now, I have also stopped running the ram recovery script, it was causing too much of an issue if someone used world edit before log out.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Why is the zip so huge? It's usually an ~85MB file and a 16MB file. That shouldn't add up to 300+ MB.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Nevermind, I see why it's so big. You included day and night maps of the oblique shot, and also somebody explored waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the West.

With that said, are you able to trim off that section to the West? I looked at what's out there and it's just that somebody randomly decided to head out there and test a WorldEdit tool. Not sure why, but there's absolutely no reason that part of the map should exist and it'd make our map downloads a TON smaller if that branch wasn't there.

I'm working on trimming the maps down to show everything except that branch, then I'm uploading them onto MediaFire and sharing 'em individually so people don't have to download all three if they don't want to.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
Ithetonestarr said:

Nevermind, I see why it's so big. You included day and night maps of the oblique shot, and also somebody explored waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the West.

With that said, are you able to trim off that section to the West? I looked at what's out there and it's just that somebody randomly decided to head out there and test a WorldEdit tool. Not sure why, but there's absolutely no reason that part of the map should exist and it'd make our map downloads a TON smaller if that branch wasn't there.

I'm working on trimming the maps down to show everything except that branch, then I'm uploading them onto MediaFire and sharing 'em individually so people don't have to download all three if they don't want to.

I am strongly against cutting down of our world the last time that happend it took a few players homes or alternate homes away.

outside of that, the west is someones home, not mine but someones, ive been out there to look around at it.

as for weekly maps ill start issuing jpegs  and clipdowns in the zip folder.

edit just noticed the two large ones are upside down, i will fix that when i get home sorry about that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another update i am tweeking rights premissions and squashing a few profile bugs.

due to this any items you have on you when i update it tonight will be gone. you will also revert back to your 9:30 am location on the server, NOTHING YOU BUILT WILL BE LOST.

main adjustments are configuration of the npc mod, fixing rules so PVP works again, and removing stuck settings from player profiles.

I've been out to it too, and it's a giant sphere made of bedrock., which already makes it iffy. But even so, if it's that important, I've made a schematic of it.

It's just, there's no reason there should be something at 14000 Z. That adds an incredibly long arm to the map that we simply do not need, and that arm makes the map files gigantic, which causes problems for anybody that doesn't have a top of the line computer.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
I've been out to it too, and it's a giant sphere made of bedrock., which already makes it iffy. But even so, if it's that important, I've made a schematic of it.

It's just, there's no reason there should be something at 14000 Z. That adds an incredibly long arm to the map that we simply do not need, and that arm makes the map files gigantic, which causes problems for anybody that doesn't have a top of the line computer.

as i said i can  and will make cut downs of the weekly map in the future, im strongly against any further redutions to our world

halfway through this video shows exactly why I have no interest in building displays using pistons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbz9KoF_xX0

Goddog, can you show the video to Walker and Jam, if they don't hit it up on their own?

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
halfway through this video shows exactly why I have no interest in building displays using pistons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbz9KoF_xX0

Goddog, can you show the video to Walker and Jam, if they don't hit it up on their own?

i can advise them of it, but we dont work the same shifts. i still have not played with pistons at all

side note has anyone asked silver tiger to come back yet? if not i may start this week we need him back